widget specs and sample urls

chrismarx

May 19, 2011, 3:57:28 PM5/19/11
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
The specs indicate that there are four widgets:

and the sample url for the comment widget has been posted, could sample urls for the other widgets be posted as well? I started reading the code for the like widget and will post the correct url for it eventually, but figured someone might already have it ;)

Bill W

May 24, 2011, 10:00:08 AM5/24/11
to Eureka Streams Development
I just assembled some brief documentation on the widget URLs and their
parameters.

Note that the URLs listed are relative to your ES instance. Values
are represented by XXX and need to be URL component encoded.

Comment widget

/widget.html?
widget=comment&resourceurl=XXX&resourcetitle=XXX&siteurl=XXX&sitetitle=XXX
resourceurl = URL of resource (article, post, etc.) for which
"comments" are being shown
resourcetitle = title of resource (name of article, etc.)
siteurl = optional URL of site containing the resource
sitetitle = optional title of site containing the resource

Read-only stream widget

/widget.html?widget=readstream&request=XXX
request = the JSON activity query

Full stream widget

/widget.html?widget=fullstream&request=XXX
request = the JSON activity query

Badge widget

/widget.html?widget=badge&accountid=XXX
accountid = the account ID of the person whose badge is to be
displayed (accountid from person table)

Like/share widget

/widget.html?
widget=likeshare&resourceurl=XXX&title=XXX&desc=XXX&thumbs=XXX
resourceurl = URL of resource (article, post, etc.) for which
"comments" are being shown
title = title of resource (name of article, etc.)
desc = description of resource
thumbs = comma-separated list of URLs of thumbnail images associated
with the resource

chrismarx

May 24, 2011, 10:36:30 AM5/24/11
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
happy happy tuesday! been using the comment widget, just tried the like/share, very nice!

chrismarx

Oct 6, 2011, 9:39:34 AM10/6/11
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
I know this is an old thread, but the widgets are great, and we're using them, but I'd like to be able to make on modification, and i figured i'd post here first before trying to change it myself.

the basic scenario is that I have a site where users are creating resources (say an article), and they own it. i've been using the comment widget as way to allow other users to comment on that owned resource, and that works great, except the activity doesn't show up in the owner's stream, since the comment widget is resource based, not owner based.

the full stream widget would work around this issue, except that it doesnt have a concept of being tied to a specific resource. is there an easy way that i can change the comment widget to be aware not only of the commenter's identity, but also the owner of the resource its being used on?

chrismarx

Sep 26, 2013, 12:06:13 PM9/26/13
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
Throwing in a bump here, I know it's a long shot-