Request for simple how-to guide for building ES

Gareth

Apr 23, 2013, 7:28:10 AM4/23/13
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone

I have been trying to build and run ES for a few weeks now trying everything that I can think of to get it to compile as well as searching the forums and am pretty stuck at the moment but still excited to get a build fully working. I would be really grateful if someone could either post a very simple how to guide of how to get ES running for the first time including all commands needed. Alternatively  I would be really grateful if one kind person could make a VM with ES installed and running on it already? If someone could create that I would be very happy to host that for the benefit to the community.

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Gareth

Steve Terlecki

Apr 25, 2013, 8:42:00 AM4/25/13
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com, gjhug...@googlemail.com
Hey Gareth,

I started putting together a Vagrant file with puppet to start up a development environment a little more quickly.  It isn't quite done yet, and I am not sure what your experience with Vagrant is, but you can use it as a starting point.  Here is a link to my fork of Eureka with the Vagrant and Puppet setup.

As for the getting started guide, have you looked at the install guide online?  Is there a particular spot where you are getting stuck?

http://eurekastreams.org/installation-guide.html

Steve T.