for fun: how much does the Open Declaration cost?

david osimo

Oct 12, 2009, 9:43:02 AM10/12/09
to eup...@googlegroups.com
As a side note, I calculated how much we spent in technology for
building the Open Declaration.

In summary, we used 12 collaborative tools, 11 of which from the US,
and we invested a total of...

55 Euros

:)

david

budget.pdf

Jose M. Alonso

Oct 12, 2009, 12:46:29 PM10/12/09
to eup...@googlegroups.com
Errr... wait a minute!

We all know technology is not enough, just a tool. Have you calculated
how much time people have spent on it and how much it accounts for?

Said that, 55 EUR is anyway ridiculous even if just the tools alone :)

-- Josema
> <budget.pdf>

david osimo

Oct 12, 2009, 12:59:45 PM10/12/09
to eup...@googlegroups.com
Josema, you are totally right! I was just talking about tech cost.
The time invested by the (great) people working on this would make
the project unsustainable - that is, if it was paid for!
ciao
david

Jose M. Alonso

Oct 12, 2009, 1:30:36 PM10/12/09
to eup...@googlegroups.com
El 12/10/2009, a las 18:59, david osimo escribió:
> Josema, you are totally right! I was just talking about tech cost.

Ooops... I missed the "for fun" bit in your original message.

> The time invested by the (great) people working on this would make
> the project unsustainable - that is, if it was paid for!

He... we just need to find some governments (or the EC directly!) to
sponsor such an initiative next time ;)

-- Josema

Alberto

Oct 13, 2009, 8:53:55 AM10/13/09
to eups20
David: this is great PR. More Kudos!

A.

Alberto

Oct 21, 2009, 5:26:37 PM10/21/09
to eups20
I am going to publish this. Anyone has issues, let me know, ok?