Domain name problem

Pascal Van Hecke

Oct 19, 2009, 12:44:12 PM10/19/09
to eups20
Hi,

The link http://endorsetheopendeclaration.eu doesn't work and
redirects to a page by the registrar (GoDaddy, the company where the
domain name was registered).

This is a bit unfortunate, as a lot of users tend to try the version
without "www" (especially more advanced users do this actually).

Can the person who registered the domain name have a look at the dns
settings? The change should not be that hard to implement (have a
look at http://websitesthatdontworkwithoutwww.com/help ) although not
all domain registration companies offer the possibility to have a non-
www version.

Best regards,

--
Pascal Van Hecke
pascal at vanhecke dot info

Dave Briggs

Oct 19, 2009, 4:14:14 PM10/19/09
to eup...@googlegroups.com
To fix this in godaddy, just add a redirect on the domain, so that
http://endorsetheopendeclaration.eu redirects to
www.endorsetheopendeclaration.eu - should sort it.

Dave
--
Dave Briggs, Digital Enabler
d...@vebrig.gs | http://davepress.net | 07525 209589 (Mobile) 01223 96 9253

david osimo

Oct 19, 2009, 5:53:47 PM10/19/09
to eup...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Pascal for pointing at the problem, and thanks Dave for solving it!

ciao
david

> This is our e-government EU strategy, let's make it better! Please endorse the open EU declaration on public services 2.0 www.endorsetheopendeclaration.eu

skype, twitter: osimod

Dave Briggs

Oct 19, 2009, 5:55:57 PM10/19/09
to eup...@googlegroups.com
Yup, should now be sorted!

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:53 PM, david osimo <david...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Pascal for pointing at the problem, and thanks Dave for solving it!
> ciao
> david
>
>> This is our e-government EU strategy, let's make it better! Please endorse
>> the open EU declaration on public services
>> 2.0 www.endorsetheopendeclaration.eu
> david...@gmail.com
> sype, twitter: osimod

Alberto