The Facebook group is coming alive. Come on for some more rowing!

1 view

Alberto

Nov 3, 2009, 4:34:10 AM11/3/09
to eups20
Ok, so the Facebook group is moving quite fast now. We are heading for
700, and I think we've had 100 joining in the last 24 hours. If you
have any extra firepower, now is the time to use it. A good pratice
would be to check it out when you have a spare minute, and like and
comment messages that people are leaving on the group wall. Every time
you do that (under default Facebook settings) FB sends out a mail
notice, so you are reinforcing participation in a way which is pretty
difficult to ignore.

IMHO if we can show a lively Facebook group people will be more driven
to participate in the process. The group acts as a multiplier, so a
little rowing goes a long way. :-)

Alberto

Nov 3, 2009, 5:37:55 AM11/3/09
to eups20
We've just passed the 700 mark. Pretty amazing, really, you hot the
"refresh" button and the number goes up :-)

Remember, the impact of participation at time t is a direct function
of the overall participation level at that time. Acting now has more
impact than acting, say tomorrow.

david osimo

Nov 3, 2009, 5:43:17 AM11/3/09
to eup...@googlegroups.com
complexity in action...

Alberto Cottica

Nov 3, 2009, 5:47:24 AM11/3/09
to eup...@googlegroups.com
Yup. I don't understand a quarter of what I'm doing, it's amazing how often it works anyway :-)

Alberto

Nov 3, 2009, 6:01:58 AM11/3/09
to eups20
That's a little strong, actually. I do have hypoteses in place, and
some kind of framework. But a full-fledged theory, no. I don't have
the theorems. Yet. :-)