Blindman

Hugh Janus

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
did you hear about the blind man who picked up a hammer and saw?

/\/\/\/\/\
hUGH jANUS
\/\/\/\/\/

Randy D.

Dec 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/9/98
My father used to say it all the time - "I see," said the blind man who
picked up the hammer and saw.

R. Dainard

lady...@yahoo.com

Dec 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/10/98
In article <74npt9$68m$1...@your.mother.com>,

I've always heard it as "I see" said the blind man to his deaf daughter who
replied "What?" in sign language.

Nicole

--
"A room without books is like a body without a soul." - Cicero
@->- My opinions are my own and have

Zoctan

Dec 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/10/98
I see, said the blind man to his deaf son as he tripped over his mute dog.

Melissa BEE

Dec 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/11/98
"Randy D." wrote:

> My father used to say it all the time - "I see," said the blind man who
> picked up the hammer and saw.
>
> R. Dainard
>
> Hugh Janus wrote in message ...
> >did you hear about the blind man who picked up a hammer and saw?
> >
> >/\/\/\/\/\
> >hUGH jANUS
> >\/\/\/\/\/

My Mum (God rest her soul) used to frequently say:

" I see, I see" said the blind man, when he could not see at all.

Melissa Bee [HunnyBee]

"aus.personals - People-Seeking-People" © 1998
FREE Personals Advertising & Much more!
http://www.ats.com.au/aus.personals/

We need a Sponsor! Can You help?

The Linds

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
how about this one:

"i see," said the blind man pissing into the wind. "it's all coming back to
me now."

-jason

Sharon

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98

one of our favorites was " I see", said the blind man to his deaf son.

joe...@usit.net

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
Sharon <n191...@student.fit.qut.edu.au> wrote:

>>Then there is "I see", said the blind man to his deaf daughter!!

Gina

Dec 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/21/98
lady...@yahoo.com wrote:

> In article <74npt9$68m$1...@your.mother.com>,
> "Randy D." <rdai...@madre.com> wrote:
> > My father used to say it all the time - "I see," said the blind man who
> > picked up the hammer and saw.
> >
> > R. Dainard
> >
> > Hugh Janus wrote in message ...
> > >did you hear about the blind man who picked up a hammer and saw?
> > >
> > >/\/\/\/\/\
> > >hUGH jANUS
> > >\/\/\/\/\/
> > >

> I've always heard it as "I see" said the blind man to his deaf daughter who
> replied "What?" in sign language.
>
> Nicole
>
> --
> "A room without books is like a body without a soul." - Cicero
> @->- My opinions are my own and have

That's funny. I always heard it like this:
I see...said the blind man, while sitting on his legless son's lap and
talking to his deaf-mute daughter on the phone.
--
it's...Gina

"cause then ya might really know what it's like"
(to sing the blues)

Peta

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98

Gina wrote:

I thought it was "I see said the blind man reading the paper to his deaf son.

--
Peta
TaTeh Music

Allen Versfeld

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98

"I see!" said the blind man to his deaf friend, sitting at the corner of
a round table

Doug

Jan 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/6/99
I believe it goes like this:

One bright day in the middle of the night
two dead boys got up to fight
back to back they faced the other
drew their swords and shot each other
a deaf police man heard this noise
came and shot those two dead boys
and if you dont believe this lie is true
ask the blind man he saw it too!

Deon Bothe

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99

joe...@usit.net wrote:

> Sharon <n191...@student.fit.qut.edu.au> wrote:
>

> >one of our favorites was " I see", said the blind man to his deaf son.

I see said the blind man to his deaf and dumb daughter speaking on the broken
telephone to her late boyfriend!

An Fear Ar An nGealach

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99

Or the one I was told

"I see", said the blind man, "there's a hole in the wall".
"No", said the deaf man, "you can't see at all!"

Dawn Clutter

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99
Or this one...

One great day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight.
Face to face, back to back, those two dead boys shot each other. Now, the
deaf policeman who heard the noise ran and shot those two dead boys, and if
you don't believe my story, go ask the blind man - he saw it all.

Michael Sean Tiffany

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99
That's the worst version I've ever heard of that. Let't try again:

One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight.
Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other.
A deaf policeman heard the noise, came and shot the two dead boys.
If you don't believe my lie is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too.

Dawn Clutter (dark...@foxberry.net) wrote:
: Or this one...

: One great day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight.
: Face to face, back to back, those two dead boys shot each other. Now, the
: deaf policeman who heard the noise ran and shot those two dead boys, and if
: you don't believe my story, go ask the blind man - he saw it all.

--
Michael Sean Tiffany CS/DMATH Major Georgia Institute of Technology
E-mail: tif...@resnet.gatech.edu User Assistant - NT Labs

S. Amsden

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99
to Dawn Clutter
A correction

One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead boys came out to
fight. Back to back they faced each other. Drew their swords and shot each
other. Two deaf cops heard the noise and came and killed the two dead
boys. If you don't believe my story ask the blind man she saw it all.

S. J. Amsden
sam...@u.washington.edu

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Dawn Clutter wrote:

> Or this one...
>
> One great day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight.
> Face to face, back to back, those two dead boys shot each other. Now, the
> deaf policeman who heard the noise ran and shot those two dead boys, and if
> you don't believe my story, go ask the blind man - he saw it all.

Deon Bothe

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99

"S. Amsden" wrote:

> A correction
>
> One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead boys came out to
> fight. Back to back they faced each other. Drew their swords and shot each
> other. Two deaf cops heard the noise and came and killed the two dead
> boys. If you don't believe my story ask the blind man she saw it all.
>
> S. J. Amsden
> sam...@u.washington.edu
>
> On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Dawn Clutter wrote:

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight.
Back to back they faced ach other,
drew their swords and shot each other.

A paralysed donkey walking by
kicked a blind man in his eye.
knocked him through a nine inch wall
into a dry ditch and drowned them all.

Andrew Cox

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99
Michael Sean Tiffany <gte...@acmey.gatech.edu> wrote:
> That's the worst version I've ever heard of that. Let't try again:

> One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight.
> Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other.
> A deaf policeman heard the noise, came and shot the two dead boys.
> If you don't believe my lie is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too.

Perfect! That's the exact way that I memorized it. I heard another
beginning to it recently though:

Pull up a chair, and sit on the floor,
All's free, pay at the door.

Then it goes into the rest of it.

Andrew

> Dawn Clutter (dark...@foxberry.net) wrote:
> : Or this one...

> : One great day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight.

> : Face to face, back to back, those two dead boys shot each other. Now, the
> : deaf policeman who heard the noise ran and shot those two dead boys, and if

Mark Hansen

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
to Andrew Cox

Andrew Cox wrote:

Perfect!  That's the exact way that I memorized it.  I heard another
beginning to it recently though:

Pull up a chair, and sit on the floor,
All's free, pay at the door.

Then it goes into the rest of it.

I heard that part go:

Ladles and jellyspoons, horses and fools,
Bald-headed babies on three-legged stools,
I come before you to address you, not to undress you,
And to tell you something I know nothing about.
Admission is free, pay at the door,
Take a seat and sit on the floor.

Michael Ross

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
And that reminds me of...

Good evening ladles and jellyspoons
I come before you to stand behind you

to tell you something I know nothing about.

Since next thursday is Good Friday
there will be a father's meeting
for mothers only.
Wear your best clothes if you don't have any
and please be there if you can't make it.
Admission is free, pay at the door;
have a seat on me--
please sit on the floor.
No matter where you mangage to sit
the man in the balcony will certainly spit.
And now, our next attraction:
the four corners of the round table.

---from some childhood joke book, and God Only Knows
why I still remember it.

Special Bonus Silliness:

What a wonderful bird the frog are
When he sit, he stand almost
When he jump, he fly almost
He ain't got no sense hardly
He ain't got no tail hardly either
When he sit, he sit on what he ain't got almost.

Andrew Cox wrote in message <7gfk6o$qp9$1...@lark.jmu.edu>...

>Michael Sean Tiffany <gte...@acmey.gatech.edu> wrote:
>> That's the worst version I've ever heard of that. Let't try again:
>
>> One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight.
>> Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each
other.
>> A deaf policeman heard the noise, came and shot the two dead boys.
>> If you don't believe my lie is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too.
>

>Perfect! That's the exact way that I memorized it. I heard another
>beginning to it recently though:
>
>Pull up a chair, and sit on the floor,
>All's free, pay at the door.
>
>Then it goes into the rest of it.

Kelly Cook

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99
Just a couple comments and questions:

> > One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to
fight.
> > Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each
other.
> > A deaf policeman heard the noise, came and shot the two dead boys.
> > If you don't believe my lie is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too.

> Perfect! That's the exact way that I memorized it.

I've heard a different last line :

"And if you think my tale's too tall, the blind man saw it all."

> I heard another beginning to it recently though:
> Pull up a chair, and sit on the floor,
> All's free, pay at the door.

I think that's part of another nonsense verse
"Admission is free - please pay at the door

Pull up a chair, and sit on the floor

I've come before you, to stand behind you
To tell you about something, I know nothing about"

There's another silly verse that my grandpa used to say to me, but I think
he had the ending wrong(And perhaps some other parts). If someone knows
what it's supposed to be I'd really appreciate that information.
"It was midnight on the ocean, not a street car was in sight
The sun was shining brightly, though it rained all day that night
A barefoot boy with shoes on, stood sitting in the grass
And..............................

Grandpa's version "Along came a billy goat sliding on his overcoat"
Another possibility "Along came a bumble bee and the street car let him
pass"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~KeighSee~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UCT Student - BTHDEO003

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99

> > I heard another beginning to it recently though:
> > Pull up a chair, and sit on the floor,
> > All's free, pay at the door.
>
> I think that's part of another nonsense verse
> "Admission is free - please pay at the door
> Pull up a chair, and sit on the floor
> I've come before you, to stand behind you
> To tell you about something, I know nothing about"

Laddles and Jellyspoons,
I stand upon this speech to make a platform:
I come behind you to stand before you
and tell you something I know nothing about.

One fine day...

Ingot Head

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99
I can only see 2 posts in this thread, so these may be repeats. They're
certainly very old.

One bright day in the middle of the night

Two dead men stood up to fight

Back to back they faced each other

drew their swords and shot each other

A deaf policeman heard the noise

and came and killed the two dead boys

if you don't believe this lie is true

ask the blind man, he saw it too.

And the second:

Twas midnight on the ocean, not a streetcar in sight
The sun was shining brightly for it had rained all day that night
Twas a summer's day in winter and the snow was raining fast
as a barefoot boy with shoes on stood sitting in the grass.

Stephen Shirley

May 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/8/99
The fourteenth of Locklan, the fair of May,
I slept in the sun till the ditch dawned on me.
A bark came out and dogged at me,
I took out my tail and cut his knife off.

Steve :-)

Michael Ross (mrr...@slip.net) wrote:
[...]

: >
[...]

Andy Lodge

May 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/15/99

John wrote in message <372AD295...@hpo.net>...

-------------------Snip-----------

>You've probably heard this before:
>
>Early one morning, late one night
>Two dead men arose to fight.

>Back to back they faced each other,
>Put away their swords & killed each other.
>Two deaf policemen heard the noise,
>Dropped their guns & shot the boys.
>If you don't believe this lie is true,
>Ask the blind man, he saw it too.

------------snip--------------------

The UK version goes:-

Early one morning, in the middle of the night
Two dead men got up to fight.

Back to back they faced each other,
Pulled  their swords & shot each other.
Two deaf policemen heard the noise,
Dropped their guns & shot the boys.
If you don't believe this lie is true,
Ask the blind man, he saw it too.

Just thought i would give you my version learnt as a child.

Sign up for my free email joke list send a message subject subscribe to:

a...@lodge72.freeserve.co.uk

jmatt...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2014, 9:02:40 AM3/25/14
1. One fine day in the middle of the night,
2. Two dead boys got up to fight,
3. Back to back they faced each other,
4. Drew their swords and shot each other,

5. One was blind and the other couldn't, see
6. So they chose a dummy for a referee.
7. A blind man went to see fair play,
8. A dumb man went to shout "hooray!"

9. A paralysed donkey passing by,
10. Kicked the blind man in the eye,
11. Knocked him through a nine inch wall,
12. Into a dry ditch and drowned them all,

13. A deaf policeman heard the noise,
14. And came to arrest the two dead boys,
15. If you don't believe this story's true,
16. Ask the blind man he saw it too!