Riddles

瀏覽次數:29 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Wallagh Serge R

未讀,
1989年5月4日 晚上8:05:441989/5/4
收件者:

If you have never heard the following riddle before, its quite nice:
======
A father is driving his car and next to him in the car is his son.
Suddenly they get a carcrash, and the father dies immediatly.
The son, being seriously wounded, is brought to a hospital.

While the son is on the first care, a doctor walks tawards the stretcher where
the boy is on. The doctor looks at him, and says:
"Oh my God, this is my son!"
========

Question: How is that possible?

disclaimer: I didn't event this riddle. I couldn't. I'm no riddle-inventer.
BTW: who my fathers son, but isn't my brother?

Nick Taylor

未讀,
1989年5月4日 清晨7:03:171989/5/4
收件者:
First of all, thanks to all the shitheads who sent exceedingly unsubtle
hints at - or just plain stated - the solution to the recent riddle about
the 30th floor. WE ARE ALL VERY IMPRESSED BY YOUR SUPER-HUMAN KNOWLEDGE!!
I'm not even going to ask why you couldn't keep your smug gobs shut so that
those who had not heard the riddle before could spend a bit of time pondering
about it. I WAS PARTICULARLY FILLED WITH RESPECT AND ADMIRATION FOR THE CHAP
WHO WAS TOLD THE SOLUTION WHEN HE WAS FIVE - AND CAN STILL REMEMBER IT AFTER
ALL THESE WEEKS !!

Those eunetters out there who are not arrogant toe-rags might like to ponder
on this one :

A hundred years ago, in the American West a tall dark plainsman was heading
for the frontier town of Little Big Tinyhuge. He had been travelling since
Friday and eventually rode into the town on Tuesday in the full heat of the
midday sun. He had the kind of 'good-time' that only a cowboy can and left
at the crack of dawn on Thursday. But here's the mystery - he only stayed
for one night. How come? [All the information you need to solve this riddle
is provided in the above paragraph].

I shall post the solution when I feel like it. If you must brag about
your prowess in solving it please e-mail me and don't ruin it for everybody
else.

Nick Taylor "Life... Don't talk to me about life!" - Marvin BSP, PA, PD(LHS)
Department of Computer Science JANET : NI...@UK.AC.HW.CS
Heriot-Watt University ARPANET : NI...@CS.HW.AC.UK
79 Grassmarket /\ / o __ /_ UUCP : ...!UKC!CS.HW.AC.UK!NICK
Edinburgh EH1 2HJ / \ / / / /__) Tel : +44 31 225 6465 Ext. 532
United Kingdom / \/ (_ (___ / \ Fax : +44 31 449 5153

da...@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk

未讀,
1989年5月5日 清晨7:07:151989/5/5
收件者:
>Those eunetters out there who are not arrogant toe-rags might like to ponder
>on this one :
>
>A hundred years ago, in the American West a tall dark plainsman was heading
>for the frontier town of Little Big Tinyhuge. He had been travelling since
>Friday and eventually rode into the town on Tuesday in the full heat of the
>midday sun. He had the kind of 'good-time' that only a cowboy can and left
>at the crack of dawn on Thursday. But here's the mystery - he only stayed
>for one night. How come? [All the information you need to solve this riddle
>is provided in the above paragraph].

I've heard it, I've heard it...

Was the man playing Monopoly ? :-) :-)

No, oh well good try...

Joke:
This bloke pulls into a petrol station in Ireland and asks for five gallons
of petrol.
The attendant replies that they don't sell petrol.
``Don't sell petrol. What sort of a garage is this? Well, check
the oil for me''
The attendant replies that they don't sell oil.
``What!! Top the radiator up for me then''
The attendant again replies that they don't have any water, and that, in
fact, the garage is just a front for the IRA.
``In that case blow my tyres up''

Dougie Nisbet

未讀,
1989年5月5日 上午9:32:001989/5/5
收件者:
The touble with most riddles, I think, is that they are usually fundamentally
flawed. For example, the poor man who can't reach the button for the
30'th floor. Couldn't he reach the button for the 20'th floor? or the
10'th? 5'th? No, he climbed the whole bloody 30 stories. That was
realistic wasn't it.

I love these riddles, but usually find that when I am told the answer, I
have a string of 'Ah, but ...' questions, whereas I really want to be
kicking myself for not solving it. There is one exception;

----
A man is standing next to a hotel which he owns. Shortly, his friend
arrives pushing his car. His friend stops pushing the car, turns to the
hotel owner and says, "Ok, you win!" He then gives the hotel owner all
his money.

What is going on?

----

I really like this one. It bears up to a lot of scrutiny, and simply
needs some genuine lateral thinking. It isn't complicated. Probably
some people will find flaws in it, but I believe it stands up better
than most. For those who know it, it can be fun to tell your friends,
because you can answer loads of there questions with complete honesty,
as they zoom off at the wrong tangent.

"Has the car run out of petrol? " - No
"Is there anything wrong with the car? " - No
"Is there something unusual about the car? " - Yes!
"Have the friends had an argument? " - Unlikely, but not important.
etc ...

I was going to finish up by self-rightously declaring that this should
be moved to another newsgroup - but which one?

Dougie Nisbet

S Wilson

未讀,
1989年5月5日 中午12:21:461989/5/5
收件者:
In article <19...@etive.ed.ac.uk> dou...@etive.ed.ac.uk (Dougie Nisbet) writes:
>The touble with most riddles, I think, is that they are usually fundamentally
>flawed. For example, the poor man who can't reach the button for the
>30'th floor. Couldn't he reach the button for the 20'th floor? or the
>10'th? 5'th? No, he climbed the whole bloody 30 stories. That was
>realistic wasn't it.

The variation I heard in about 1970 went: 'A man lives on the 30th
floor. When he goes out to work in the mornings he takes the lift to
the ground floor. When he comes home from work he sometimes takes the
lift to the 30th floor and sometimes to the 15th and then walks the rest
of the way.'

This allows for other people in the lift and him taking his umbrella
with him on days when it rains.

Sam Wilson
EUCS

Derek McAuley on jenny

未讀,
1989年5月5日 下午2:11:101989/5/5
收件者:

> If you have never heard the following riddle before, its quite nice:
> ======
> A father is driving his car and next to him in the car is his son.
> Suddenly they get a carcrash, and the father dies immediatly.
> The son, being seriously wounded, is brought to a hospital.
>
> While the son is on the first care, a doctor walks tawards the stretcher where
> the boy is on. The doctor looks at him, and says:
> "Oh my God, this is my son!"
> ========
>

> Question: How is that possible?

No! Wrong! It's not:

here is a riddle, "Question: How is that possible?",

its,

here is a riddle, "Answer: If you think this is a riddle,
you are sexist."

Not a killjoy, just thinking: while THEY let me ...

Mac.

Ian Finch

未讀,
1989年5月6日 下午3:52:441989/5/6
收件者:
In article <19...@etive.ed.ac.uk>, dou...@etive.ed.ac.uk (Dougie Nisbet) writes:
> I was going to finish up by self-rightously declaring that this should
> be moved to another newsgroup - but which one?

How about /dev/null ?

Obligatory joke:

What do you call a girl with one eye and one leg?

Eileen!

Okay, maybe the riddles aren't so bad!

Ian Finch Janet: i...@uk.ac.liv.cs.mva
--------- Internet: ian%mva.cs.l...@cunyvm.cuny.edu
UUCP: ...mcvax!ukc!i...@uk.ac.liv.cs.mva
What's a word processor? Well, you know what a food processor does to food ...

Fletcher

未讀,
1989年5月6日 清晨5:42:541989/5/6
收件者:
In article <7...@scaup.cl.cam.ac.uk> d...@cl.cam.ac.uk (Derek McAuley) writes:

>> If you have never heard the following riddle before, its quite nice:
>> ======
>> A father is driving his car and next to him in the car is his son.
>> Suddenly they get a carcrash, and the father dies immediatly.
>> The son, being seriously wounded, is brought to a hospital.
>>
>> While the son is on the first care, a doctor walks tawards the stretcher where
>> the boy is on. The doctor looks at him, and says:
>> "Oh my God, this is my son!"
>> ========

I've got it! The doctor is in fact a former concentration camp doctor and he
has been keeping up his hobby of genetic experimentation. After cleverly
getting a position in the gynacological dept of the local hospital he has
been replacing fertilised eggs inside pregnant women with his own store,
and thereby fathering every child within a 30 mile radius of the hospital
over the last twenty years. Therefore he was perfectly able to recognise
his own son as the car crash victim.

PS. As a lucrative sideline he has a contract with MacDonalds to clone
serving staff.

Matthew

| Matthew Fletcher, | "Do you want to be leader of this gang?" |
| JANET ma_...@uk.ac.bath.ux63 | "No, we agreed, no leader!" |
| University of Bath, England. | "Right, then shut up and do as I say!" |

Triple A

未讀,
1989年5月10日 上午8:54:511989/5/10
收件者:
In article <22...@botter.cs.vu.nl> wal...@cs.vu.nl () writes:

>If you have never heard the following riddle before, its quite nice:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sure, but I bet everybody on the net already knows it (like the one
some Raymond posted), so here's the same message for you :
How old are you!!! I heard this one when I was about five years old!!!
(Right Nick, that was a good riddle year...)

Niels Ull Jacobsen

未讀,
1989年5月10日 上午8:38:071989/5/10
收件者:
i...@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk (Ian Finch) writes:

>In article <19...@etive.ed.ac.uk>, dou...@etive.ed.ac.uk (Dougie Nisbet) writes:
>> I was going to finish up by self-rightously declaring that this should
>> be moved to another newsgroup - but which one?

>How about /dev/null ?

No, Pleease! I have enough to read already!

null@diku

(Speaking from the Void...)

Wallagh Serge R

未讀,
1989年5月11日 晚上8:43:041989/5/11
收件者:

I know that 1987 was a good riddle year.
Thats when I heard it too.

Dave Dodge Roberts

未讀,
1989年5月12日 清晨6:26:141989/5/12
收件者:
In article <2...@vuecon.econ.vu.nl> mors...@cs.vu.nl (Triple A) writes:
>In article <22...@botter.cs.vu.nl> wal...@cs.vu.nl () writes:
>>
>>If you have never heard the following riddle before, its quite nice:
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Sure, but I bet everybody on the net already knows it ....

No not everyone. There are quite a few people that haven't heard a lot of
them.

> .......(like the one

>some Raymond posted), so here's the same message for you :
> How old are you!!! I heard this one when I was about five years old!!!

Great, we are all so very pleased for you. It's amazing how the human brain
can store so much information at the tender age of five. Make sure you carry
a donor card so that you brain can be used for medical research. I'm sure
that they would find a suitable thimble to pickle it in.

I mean, do you have to be so obnoxious. Nobody cares if you know the answer
to every riddle that has ever been invented in the whole history of
civilisation. Other people don't. And they make a great change from the
repetative elephant/light bulb/{lada,skoda} jokes. So give us all a break eh!

Sorry, no joke today!

Dave Roberts
Computer Science, University of Warwick, COVENTRY, CV4 7AL, UK.
===========================PHONE: +44 203 473699============================
UUCP: ...!mcvax!ukc!warwick!csusw BITNET: csusw%uk.ac.warwick.cs@ukacrl
ARPA: csusw%cs.warwi...@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk

Oskar Sturluson

未讀,
1989年5月12日 上午8:46:001989/5/12
收件者:

I have seen that some guys have been posting riddles on the net lately!
I think it's a splendid idea so I decided to advance two others.

These are detective riddles. You are the detective and must solve these
cases:

Case I:
===============================
You are in a room with a window. Jack and Jill lie dead on the floor.
The window has been opened inwards and there is water and fractions
of broken glass spilled over the floor.
The question is: How did Jack and Jill die?
===============================

Case II:
===============================
You are at the site of a motor crash. The driver has seemingly lost control
over his car and the car smashed into a wall. The driver is dead.
The only hint you have is that the radio is on.
The question is: Why did the driver lost control over his car?
===============================

These are tough ones.

This is posted on the 12th of May.
I will be back on the 16th and if no one has solved the cases I will give
some hints. The complete answers will be posted on 20th.

Mean while have fun.

You are what you eat. Therfore I dont eat fruits and I dont eat nuts.
I think therefore I'am. (DeCartes)
More realistic:
I EAT therefore I'am. (Garfield)

Oskar Sturluson University of Iceland

Colin Dente

未讀,
1989年5月12日 上午9:07:161989/5/12
收件者:
In article <2...@vuecon.econ.vu.nl> mors...@cs.vu.nl (Triple A) writes:
<Flame on>
Grrrrr.....
*you* might have heard it, but I haven't - sure I'd heard lots of the previous
ones, but not this one - and probably there are plenty of others I haven't
heard - so don't just flame someone for posting a riddle you happen to have
heard before - what do you think the 'n' key is for?
<Flame off>

Colin
| Colin Dente | JANET: de...@uk.ac.man.ee.els |
| Dept. of Electrical Engineering | ARPA: de...@els.ee.man.ac.uk |
| University of Manchester | UUCP: ...!mcvax!ukc!man.ee.els!dente |
| England | These might work now, but then again... |
| Well I know how to behave in the restaurant now, |
| I don't tear at the meat with my hands. ....Well, not always.... |

Laura Cleland

未讀,
1989年5月12日 上午11:32:411989/5/12
收件者:
In article <22...@botter.cs.vu.nl> wal...@cs.vu.nl () writes:

>A father is driving his car and next to him in the car is his son.
>Suddenly they get a carcrash, and the father dies immediatly.
>The son, being seriously wounded, is brought to a hospital.
> The doctor looks at him, and says:
>"Oh my God, this is my son!"
>Question: How is that possible?

Easy! The doctor was the boys mother.

>BTW: who my fathers son, but isn't my brother?

You are of course! If you are a guy that is.

They are similar to the following...

Said the child to the father,
"How does it come? That you're my father,
"But I'm not you're son!"

Ans:
The child was his daughter.

Dougie Nisbet

未讀,
1989年5月15日 上午8:19:341989/5/15
收件者:
In article <9...@krafla.rhi.hi.is> sk...@rhi.hi.is (Oskar Sturluson) writes:

>Case II:
>===============================
>You are at the site of a motor crash. The driver has seemingly lost control
>over his car and the car smashed into a wall. The driver is dead.
>The only hint you have is that the radio is on.
>The question is: Why did the driver lost control over his car?
>===============================

Well, it's obvious isn't it? He was driving along minding his own
business when the DJ on the radio announced that Kylie Minogue was the
new number one and it would be 'played after the break'. In his panic to
switch the radio off before having to endure Kylie's dulcit tones, he
swerved into the path of an oncoming Jugernaut. This is being driven by
Jason 'Oh my God I am a pratt. Boy am I a Pratt! I really am the most
irritating sod on TV with my stupid haircut and my whingy voice'
Donovan, and he immediately expires due to a heart attack.

Do I get five pounds?

>Oskar Sturluson University of Iceland

Dougie Nisbet

Nick Taylor

未讀,
1989年5月15日 中午12:40:231989/5/15
收件者:
In article <9...@krafla.rhi.hi.is> sk...@rhi.hi.is (Oskar Sturluson) writes:

>These are tough ones.

No they aren't - they're downright impossible UNLESS YOU KNOW THE ANSWER.
Your second case, if I'm not mistaken, involves a story that would fill half
a screen! People can't work that sort of thing out without questioning you.
Why don't you provide the answers to some of the commonly asked questions that
are needed to solve your riddles? Let's face it - to people who know the
answers these riddles are boring (see all the flames) so at least give those
people who like puzzling over new ones (to them) a chance of solving them.
Very few riddles contain enough information in their statement to lead to
a unique solution. The question and answer dialogue is all part of the
solution process. There used to be a programme on Radio 4 which just posed
riddles to two different teams. The objective for the teams was to solve
them by asking as few questions as possible. Most of the recent riddles here
were used on that programme, so please include an addendum with a few
questions and answers.

Here's a limerick for the eunet.joke purists :

There was a young man from Peru
Who went to Chesington Zoo
He stood there waiting
The monkeys were mating
They wouldn't come out, well would you?

Nick Taylor "Life... Don't talk to me about life!" - Marvin BSP, PA, PD(LHS)
Department of Computer Science JANET : NI...@UK.AC.HW.CS
Heriot-Watt University ARPANET : NI...@CS.HW.AC.UK
79 Grassmarket /\ / o __ /_ UUCP : ...!UKC!CS.HW.AC.UK!NICK
Edinburgh EH1 2HJ / \ / / / /__) Tel : +44 31 225 6465 Ext. 532

United Kingdom / \/ (_ (___ / \ Fax : +44 31 220 4277

Triple A

未讀,
1989年5月18日 清晨5:29:421989/5/18
收件者:
service - although the second A does stand for American)

In article <3...@miranda.warwick.ac.uk> cs...@warwick.ac.uk (Dave "Dodge" Roberts) writes:
>In article <2...@vuecon.econ.vu.nl> mors...@cs.vu.nl (Triple A) writes:
>>In article <22...@botter.cs.vu.nl> wal...@cs.vu.nl () writes:
>>>
>>>If you have never heard the following riddle before, its quite nice:
>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>Sure, but I bet everybody on the net already knows it ....
>
>No not everyone.

Right. So every body should post stuff from the Middle Ages, just to
satisfy these two or three retarded geeks...

<some stuff deleted>

> And they make a great change from the
>repetative elephant/light bulb/{lada,skoda} jokes.

And the 'please don't have an opinion' articles!
(It's repetitive dumbo! Don't you speak (write) your own language, nr 36?)

Sorry Dave - it's nothing personal - forgive me if you feel offended.
How about it - PEACE?

^ \ / |-- |
/-\ X |- | @ ECON.VU.NL
/ \ / \ |__ |__

Roemer Lievaart

未讀,
1989年5月18日 上午9:27:341989/5/18
收件者:
>In article <3...@miranda.warwick.ac.uk> cs...@warwick.ac.uk (Dave "Dodge" Roberts) writes:

> [stuff deleted]

> And they make a great change from the
>repetative elephant/light bulb/{lada,skoda} jokes.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

OJ:

Q: What's wet, green, hangs on the wall, and whistles?
A: I don't know. What is wet, green, hangs on the wall and whistles?
Q: A herring.
A: But a herring doesn't hang on the wall!
Q: So hang it there.
A: But a herring isn't green!
Q: So paint it.
A: But.. when you hang in on the wall, it isn't wet!
Q: It is, for you just painted it.
A [desperately]: But a herring doesn't whistle!!
Q: Ah, I just put that in to make it difficult.

Roemer B. Lievaart | "But make sure you do it right the first time,
Amsterdam, Holland | 'cause nothing's worse than a suicide chump"
roe...@cs.vu.nl | -- Frank Zappa

Triple A

未讀,
1989年5月18日 凌晨4:38:051989/5/18
收件者:
In article <22...@botter.cs.vu.nl> wal...@cs.vu.nl () writes:
>In article <2...@vuecon.econ.vu.nl> mors...@cs.vu.nl (Triple A) writes:
>>In article <22...@botter.cs.vu.nl> wal...@cs.vu.nl () writes:
>>>
>>>If you have never heard the following riddle before, its quite nice:
>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>Sure, but I bet everybody on the net already knows it (like the one
>>some Raymond posted), so here's the same message for you :
>> How old are you!!! I heard this one when I was about five years old!!!
>> (Right Nick, that was a good riddle year...)
>
>I know that 1987 was a good riddle year.
>Thats when I heard it too.
^^^
Uh-uh Serge. That's when YOU heard it. The rest of us on the net
heard it way back in the seventies...
Are they really that far behind where you come from?

__
^ \ / | |
/_\ X |- | @ ECON.VU.NL
/ \ / \ |__ |__

Dave Dodge Roberts

未讀,
1989年5月22日 下午3:31:401989/5/22
收件者:
In article <2...@vuecon.econ.vu.nl> mors...@cs.vu.nl (Triple A - No I'm not the American breakdown service - although the second A does stand for American) writes:

>In article <3...@miranda.warwick.ac.uk> cs...@warwick.ac.uk (Dave "Dodge" Roberts) writes:

> <A bit trimmed>

>>>Sure, but I bet everybody on the net already knows it ....
>>
>>No not everyone.
> Right. So every body should post stuff from the Middle Ages, just to
> satisfy these two or three retarded geeks...

No not necessarily but they do make a nice change, and there are a lot of
people that haven't heard quite a few of them. So it's not just satisfying
two or three retarded geeks.

> <some stuff deleted>
>> And they make a great change from the
>>repetative elephant/light bulb/{lada,skoda} jokes.
>>
> And the 'please don't have an opinion' articles!
>(It's repetitive dumbo! Don't you speak (write) your own language, nr 36?)

Sorry, a spelling mistake. Well, well, I never knew that you had to be perfect
to post news articles!

>Sorry Dave - it's nothing personal - forgive me if you feel offended.

Me offended? :-)

>How about it - PEACE?

Yup no probs - although flames _are_ fun!

w.nuij

未讀,
1989年5月26日 清晨7:30:301989/5/26
收件者:
Nope, you get zero points, how dare you insult the modern day heroes Kylie
and Jason !!!
Kylie forever !!

Fuck off !!!

ifras...@gmail.com

未讀,
2013年1月23日 清晨7:11:522013/1/23
收件者:wal...@cs.vu.nl、ifras...@gmail.com
a docter and his son go fishing,the boy is the docters son but the docter is not the boys father.WHO IS THE DOCTER?

ANSWER: the docter is the boys mother

if its not the father then it has to be the mother
0 則新訊息