[EUDEC-Uni] Recent spam removed

Michael Sappir

Apr 21, 2010, 1:44:13 PM4/21/10
to Discuss EUDEC, eudec-uni
Hi everyone,
I heard some people were a little worried by the recent spam posted on both the Discuss-EUDEC and EUDEC-Uni lists (our public discussion groups). First don't worry, they were probably posted automatically, I don't think anybody thinks these lists are a good place to post fake spam links to pornography.

Anyway, I have reported the messages to Google as spam, deleted them from the archives, and banned the accounts that posted them. As an additional measure, I changed the groups' settings so that new members' posts have to be approved by a manager. This should stop almost any spam from ever reaching the lists.

If anyone has ideas on what else can be done (additionally or instead), let me know. :)

Cheers,
Michael

Daniel

Apr 21, 2010, 1:47:20 PM4/21/10
to eude...@googlegroups.com
well done!

d.

--
* Daniel Schmidt, bei Prüller | Nußdorfer Str. 16, Stige 1, Tür 13 | 1019 Wien
Mobil-Ö: +43-681-10501505 | Mobil-D: +49-176-64292623