App keys don't work

Viviana Cajani

Apr 8, 2022, 2:59:35 PM4/8/22
to Etsy API
Hi,

I'm having issues with my app key (keystring).

 I've tried pinging the v3 api (https://api.etsy.com/v3/application/openapi-ping with the header added of key 'x-api-key') and getting:
"Invalid API key" as a response.

Then I've tried the
and getting 'API request missing api_key or valid OAuth parameters'

I've created two new apps and getting same response, it's like my api keys aren't registered. Can someone help me with this?

Alex Yeh

Apr 11, 2022, 8:32:18 AM4/11/22
to Etsy API
Hello,

I've also been experiencing the same problem where I get an "Invalid API key" as a response even though I pass in the Keystring specified for my app. Not sure if it's because my app is in "pending approval" state but its been stuck there for a week now.

Would be interested in knowing how people got around this issue

Alex Yeh

Apr 14, 2022, 3:46:59 PM4/14/22
to Etsy API
The API finally works for me. I saw that my app status went from "pending approval" to "personal access" so it looks like it's just something that Etsy has to manually approve first before your keystring works

DoradoHome Studio

Apr 21, 2022, 11:12:00 AM4/21/22
to Etsy API
Has anyone else activated the api key? I have a month waiting and nothing and every week requesting a new key