updateListing behavior in v3

Jeff Schnitzer

Sep 30, 2021, 2:56:08 PM9/30/21
to Etsy API
This is basically the same question as this issue:

In the v2 API:

* Change shop_section_id by specifying the id number
* Clear the shop_section_id by passing 0
* Leave the shop_section_id by leaving the param absent from the PUT

In the v3 API, passing 0 does not work. How do you clear the shop_section_id? Does the new endpoint require every parameter every time? I'm getting 500 {"error":"Server Error"} when I leave off the shop_section_id.

Thanks,
Jeff

david olick

Oct 12, 2021, 4:25:49 PM10/12/21
to Etsy API V2
Thanks for pointing this out and letting me know about that issue.

I hate to even suggest this, but I'm wondering if a temporary workaround would be to create a new shop section, assign the listing to that shop section, and then delete the shop section.

--
David Olick