Unable to get an access token

Klemens Schrage

Mar 10, 2022, 8:08:47 AM3/10/22
to Etsy API
Hi,

following the tutorial on https://developers.etsy.com/documentation/tutorials/quickstart we added an Etsy app on https://www.etsy.com/developers/register a few days ago. After we couldn't see them on https://www.etsy.com/developers/your-apps they finally appeared on monday with status "Pending Approval".

After that we tried to initiate the oauth process with a call to https://www.etsy.com/oauth/connect?response_type=code&client_id=<keystring>... unfortunately we get the following error: An error occurred
The application that is requesting authorization to use your Etsy account is not recognized.

Etsy support was not helpful so far. In my opinion it should be possible to authorize my private app for my account nevertheless of the pending status.

Has anyone experienced such behaviour or has some thoughts about this? Right now we're totally stuck with our integration plans.

Regards
Klemens

Ung NHO DAI

Mar 15, 2022, 3:47:12 PM3/15/22
to etsy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think everyone has the same issue. It appears that Etsy is not willing to approve any private app further.

Regards,

Gareth Doherty

Mar 15, 2022, 3:47:12 PM3/15/22
to Etsy API
Hi  Klemens  ,

Unfortunately the "Create new app" and "Manage my apps" isn't a great experience with Etsy right now.
This was being discussed here and the long and short of it is "Etsy are trying to make the experience better as well as catching up with a backlog of new app requests"

Regards
Gareth

Arya think

Mar 15, 2022, 3:51:45 PM3/15/22
to Etsy API
Yes same issue I have received
I have create an app few days ago but until this is not approve. when I am going to edit my previous app to add the redirect urI but I am getting this please help me https://qsnapnet.com/snaps/y90r64pclls
from api https://qsnapnet.com/snaps/ydec99wbfji

jose fano

Mar 15, 2022, 3:51:46 PM3/15/22
to Etsy API
I am experiencing the exact same issue as you describe. My app shows under "pending approval" status and oauth is not working for me.
I have reached out to devel...@etsy.com about this and waiting for a response. Very frustrating.

Klemens Schrage

Mar 23, 2022, 8:03:17 AM3/23/22
to Etsy API
As an addition: We were very verbose with our description in the newish app request...

Klemens Schrage

Mar 23, 2022, 8:03:48 AM3/23/22
to Etsy API
After getting a support response about "too much blankish fields and some lacking information" we started a new app request yesterday and got the app ready for private access within 12 hours.

Last week we used the support chat to initiate the support process. Not sure if this conversation was helpful in this regard.