createListing method fails since yesterday because of quantity

Csaba Saranszky

Sep 24, 2021, 8:36:14 AM9/24/21
to Etsy API
Hello,

I'm using the API to create Listings from time to time.

The createListing method started to fail since yesterday. It seems the storage of quantity has been changed. At least at my previous listings' page (on the web interface) it was only an integer, but now on the web interface it seems to be something much more complicated. For my previously created items it still shows only a number, for items since yesterday it shows something much much more complicated where You need to (can) enter the quantity in variations.

In the API doc it's not reflected at the moment:

.

Can anybody explain what happened? Why? And how to workaround it from the API?

Thanks.

Jerry Ash

Sep 27, 2021, 3:08:10 PM9/27/21
to etsy-...@googlegroups.com
As I discovered some basic Listing setting has been changed and that causes the problem. If - on the web interface - on the Listing page I click the edit variations button, in the popup "Quantities vary for each colors" is set to True (checked), and to get the original (wanted) behaviors I need to set this to False. Is there any way to do it from the API? Or is there any global etsy setting to control this? I don't see any similar.

Thanks.