New App request was rejected

June Wang

Aug 24, 2022, 7:53:04 AM8/24/22
to Etsy API
My etsy developer account has a live app. We need to release a new system recently, and I want to create another app under the same developer account. Yesterday the app status was pending approval, but today the app request was rejected. I did not receive any emails about why the app was rejected. Can a developer account have two or more different apps live at the same time? What is the reason of rejection normally?

Best

Ganga Ram

Aug 25, 2022, 9:50:44 AM8/25/22
to etsy-...@googlegroups.com
If you are going to use the app for your own shop you don’t need developer access . You be can start using with the api key straight away.

Thanks

On Wed, 24 Aug 2022 at 5:23 PM, June Wang <ju...@shipsaving.com> wrote:
My etsy developer account has a live app. We need to release a new system recently, and I want to create another app under the same developer account. Yesterday the app status was pending approval, but today the app request was rejected. I did not receive any emails about why the app was rejected. Can a developer account have two or more different apps live at the same time? What is the reason of rejection normally?

Best

Thanks Gangaram

June Wang

Aug 26, 2022, 2:01:26 PM8/26/22
to etsy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi  Gangaram,

Thanks so much for your response. No, the app is for our customers and we also need to set our callback urls. Since the callback url is different from the existing app.

Best,

 width=无病毒。www.avast.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Etsy API" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/etsy-api-v2/CAHAJmSUZxKtg3%3DUCv-Ts00dsu%2BC841M6R-VnnqXPA%2BnPwAc_Hg%40mail.gmail.com.

Ganga Ram

Aug 29, 2022, 10:49:41 AM8/29/22
to etsy-...@googlegroups.com
Usually I had a similar problem so I used postman to do the initial authentication for the V3 api. In the Etsy API tool we can mention the redirect URL(from postman). Once the authentication was completed I received a refresh token and I stored it for future usage.  may be it might help you

When I requested for full access, Etsy  told me it is not possible without a code base. Also they will not respond quickly.

Thanks
Gangaram

--
Thanks.

Gangaram

June

Aug 30, 2022, 8:18:18 AM8/30/22
to etsy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi  Gangaram,

Hope you had a good weekend. Thanks so much for your help.

Best

Parama Ghosh

Oct 13, 2022, 10:26:37 AM10/13/22
to Etsy API
How can I get the API key? I submitted a request for an app, but got rejected. I want to use the app only with my Etsy shop (non-commercial)

M Ramirez

Nov 15, 2022, 2:35:33 PM11/15/22
to Etsy API
I would like to know this as well. I don't get an API key until I submit an app for approval. Then it's pending for a few days before just disappearing. I just want to be able to manage my own shop.