"a tracking number is required" error on receipts/# endpoint

Joey Lott

Aug 23, 2021, 2:55:15 PM8/23/21
to etsy-...@googlegroups.com
I've got an app that has been successfully running on v2 since 2017.

For the past week it has been receiving an error response on PUT calls to the receipts/receiptNumber endpoint (https://www.etsy.com/developers/documentation/reference/receipt#method_updatereceipt) to set the receipt to shipped.

The error includes the following:
 #message: "Invalid auth/bad request (got a 400, expected HTTP/1.1 20X or a redirect)"
  #code: 400
  #file: "/srv/app/valicious/htdocs/app/Etsy/EtsyAPI.php"
  #line: 98
  +lastResponse: "A tracking number is required"
As you can see, "a tracking number is required" is the message I'm getting.

Again, this app has run without error for four years. Nothing changed in the codebase. This is an app that my team uses daily. And it was working until a week ago. Since then we get this message every time on the call.

The v2 documentation for this endpoint has not changed. I don't understand this error.

Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Joey