Multiple API Applications Refused

Kurtis Kurtis

Oct 28, 2022, 12:03:55 PM10/28/22
to Etsy API

Hi,

I have applied for API access multiple times now with each being refused and need some guidance on where I'm going wrong.

I have had an Etsy store for a few years, and run it along side my own website where I sell the same products. I'm looking at developing my own plugin to upload products to Etsy from my own website, aswell as keeping the stock levels on Etsy the same as my website to prevent overselling. At the moment I copy and paste the product from website manually and have to update the stock levels manually.

There are already well established plugins that do exactly the same functions, but i want to develop my own but all of my applications have been refused.

The first time the application was refused was for circumventing the Etsy checkout, and the second time the reason was "other" with no other feedback as to why it was refused.

When I applied I said it will just be myself that will be using the api and not commerical

Thanks

Kurtis

Gareth Doherty

Nov 2, 2022, 3:08:48 PM11/2/22
to etsy-...@googlegroups.com
If it's just for you to use them you don't need to apply for full access. The key you have now will work just fine. You only need full access for commercial apps which are going to be accessing other people's stores

Halis Alkaya

Nov 2, 2022, 3:08:48 PM11/2/22
to etsy-...@googlegroups.com

Kurtis Kurtis <kurtis...@gmail.com>, 28 Eki 2022 Cum, 19:03 tarihinde şunu yazdı: