Mapping listing images to variations

Dmitration

Aug 26, 2021, 2:26:27 PM8/26/21
to Etsy API
Calling  getListingVariationImages will return
  • "property_id":62809790533,
  • "value_id":107403219932,
  • "image_id":3289462742
image_id goes represents an image from getListingImages
property_id represents a product property image assigned to
but value_id doesn`t match anything? I can`t find a way to link an image to a variant

getListingProperties isn`t helping either, no matches there.

what am I doing wrong? there is nothing in docs that will at least remotely solve this

Clinton Munden

Aug 30, 2021, 11:18:31 AM8/30/21
to Etsy API
value_id is the numeric id of the value of the property.

Suppose you have a product with a variation of color.  You will have a property_id representing the id of the Color property but you will have various values for color (blue, red, yellow, etc) and each of those possible values of the property will have its own ID... and that is what the value_id is representing.

It's worth nothing that Etsy does have values for some of their structured attributes.  In other words, they have pre-existing property IDs for things common like Color.  And that structured attribute of Color also has pre-existing value_ids for very common values of color.  When creating variations within your products... I would recommend that you put some effort into using the pre-existing properties and their values.  It is possible to create your own variation property of color... but know that if you do... it will be treated as a custom property and you will get random IDs for the property and any of it's values that you create.  This probably only becomes important if you have a need to group products by like properties and values.  IE.. you want to run a report with all products grouped by the color red, as an example.  This is only a slight pain point though as any of the values of your properties can also be compared using their literal (text) values.

Dmitration

Sep 15, 2021, 1:50:59 PM9/15/21
to Etsy API
This issue is still unresolved since there is no correspondence between value_id and the InventoryProduct properties

понеділок, 30 серпня 2021 р. о 18:18:31 UTC+3 munden...@gmail.com пише:

Dmitration

Sep 27, 2021, 3:08:12 PM9/27/21
to Etsy API
Decided to go figuring it out once again. Having a custom Variation Type with custom values indeed returns valid value_id, meaning I can assign an image to a variant. but  54231150969 isn`t equal to 8 (color =>  Purple). Has anybody gotten around the same issue?

середа, 15 вересня 2021 р. о 20:50:59 UTC+3 Dmitration пише: