How to grant access for private / custom apps or beta testers

Tom Hill

Oct 4, 2021, 1:59:28 PM10/4/21
to Etsy API
Hi

Does anyone know how to give specific stores access to an app, either for beta testing or for treating the app as a private/custom app (a la Shopify custom apps)?

Note: The store needs to remain an active store; not be turned into a development store.

This functionality does already exist but I can't find it. I've used it for an app I developed for my partner's store but now I can't find the documentation I found previously. I believe there were 2 endpoints, one to post a shop ID to and one to see a list of shops with access.

I've asked via github for it to be documented but it was shut down.

The only other resource I've found on this recently is a post in this group from 2014 in which the OP was advised to email Etsy. Considering they won't document it or provide help via the github issue I don't see that being a fruitful venture now.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Tom

Gareth Doherty

Oct 14, 2021, 8:29:24 AM10/14/21
to Etsy API
As far as I remember, you need to request for your app to be allowed to Full Access through the Manage Your Apps screen.

In there you can then choose a "A small group of users" and fill in the rest.