Amazing Grace

Gil

Dec 17, 2009, 8:20:15 PM12/17/09
to ETS Action Group
Must be something about the Canberra education system that New Zealand
could copy.

While our tiny tots are busy with finger-painting and block-stacking,
their ACT counterparts are deep into scientific studies and creative
writing.

Kevin Rudd supplied the evidence when he quoted a letter written by
six-year-old "little Gracie" at the Copenhagen climate conference.

I've seen his address to the conference just the once, on Aussie's Sky
News, so this is from memory but I think it started, "It was the best
of times, it was the worst of times". No. Maybe it was, "At the
beginning of July, during a spell of exceptionally hot weather,
towards evening, a certain young man . . ." No, wasn't that either.
But something close.

Anyway, this kid has apparently studied global warming and come to the
conclusion (wrongly, in my opinion, but there you are) that the
situation is grim and she needs to urge world leaders to do something,
pronto.

Kevin Rudd was so taken by Amazing Grace's insights into the AGW
question that he's seemingly added her to his team of scientific
advisers. (Going by the advice he's been getting, he may have made an
improvement. Six-year-olds have no compunction about changing their
minds when confronted with evidence contrary to their current
thinking. Fifty-year-olds tend to lie their way out.)

I'll be contacting the Minister of Education today and pressing her to
send a delegation to Canberra to have a look at early childhood
education. They're obviously way ahead of us.

Gil