Fwd: Hydro One Update

I. Buday

Mar 31, 2023, 2:06:10 PM3/31/23
to ECA Google Group
Hello everyone,

Forwarding an email from Hydro One with information regarding the Etobicoke Greenway project.

Hydro One has completed the draft Environmental Study Report (ESR) which will be available for a 45-day public comment and review period starting on March 30, 2023.

See below for more information.

Thanks,

Ingrid

Apr 1, 2023, 7:50:44 PM4/1/23
to ECA Google Group, I. Buday
Hi everyone,
I appreciated Ingrid's sharing this update from Hydro One regarding the Etobicoke Greenway project, but wondered about the context and her thoughts about this stage.  So I'm sharing her comments here and if anyone else has anything to add, that would help too!
Thanks (and thanks to Ingrid),
Susan

her comments:
Overall it seemed to be well thought out and will certainly be an improvement.  I think they always put their best foot forward saying that they will not cut any more trees than necessary, plant pollinators etc.

My biggest concern was the connectivity from a transit point of view, and protection of vulnerable road users.  There is a section where users will cross busy roads with limited crosswalks and signage for both them and drivers. And another section where the path will wind through a residential area and they couldn't confirm for me what the route finding signage would be like.

As I don't live in the area I didn't have any specific concerns. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your interest.