Fwd: Help stop the Ontario government’s plans to fire up more gas!!!

1 view

carolchrissy carolchrissy

Apr 19, 2023, 10:55:00 AM4/19/23
to etobicokeclim...@googglegroups.com, etobicoke-cl...@googlegroups.com, donm...@yahoo.ca, laura.li...@gmail.com
Hello ECA and friends

Here is your opportunity to get involved in an action plan to stop the Ontario government from massively ramping up gas-fired electrical power plants in the face of the accelerating Climate Crisis. April 21 at 11 AM webinar on ZOOM.

To sign up email the OCEC....@gmail.com and ask for the ZOOM invitation. OCEC stands for OntarioClimate Emergency Campaign and is comprised of many worthy climate organizations that we all know and love. Check them out.

The current Ontario Government plan will increase Green House Gas emissions from the electrical grid by about 700%. Yikes!!

This is at a time when we only have a short window of opportunity to reduce emissions if we want to mitigate the worst effects of Climate Change.

I am not a scientist but I am listening to the scientists who know that the earth is warming at an unsustainable rate. We need to limit the temperature increase to 1.5 degrees to "stay alive" and not live (or die) in the resulting Climate Chaos.

The IPCC has issued a CODE RED but many of us are still simply in denial OR are more interested in making money from fossil fuel perpetuation.

For those of us who have the gift (curse) to be able to see the danger before us, now is the time to act. This is not just for ourselves, but for our kids, our grandkids and all the creatures of the planet.

Time to come together and take action while we still have the opportunity.

I know I may sound like an alarmist to some of you reading this. But I believe this is the only truly rational way to move forward through this Climate Crisis.

Let's take the steps needed to solve the problems we, as a species, have created.

Love the Earth, our only home!

Best,

Carol