Use NSTextView and NSTabView objects with MacControl

Julio Márquez

Feb 2, 2015, 9:57:06 AM2/2/15
to eto-...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Curtis.

I'm trying to use some custom platform controls for a desktop app following what is stated on this page https://github.com/picoe/Eto/wiki/Custom-Platform-Controls. I'm using different libraries for each platform, but in Mac the libraries that I'm using make use of the objects NSTextView and NSTabView, but apparently they cannot be used as a control with MacControl.

There is way to use that objects without affecting the handlers of the other platforms?

Thanks you.
Julio.

curtis

Feb 2, 2015, 11:30:14 AM2/2/15
to eto-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julio,

For controls that do not derive from NSControl like NSTextView/NSTabView, you can use Eto.Mac.Forms.MacView as a base of your handler instead.

Other platforms have similar structures, but specific to its hierarchy, such as WpfFrameworkElement and WpfControl.

Hope this helps!
Curtis.