Any recommended obfuscator for Eto.Forms based application?

eugeller

May 20, 2017, 3:25:33 PM5/20/17
to Eto.Forms
I have created a simple application using Eto,Forms.

However, when I tried to obfuscate the output, the application does not behave as when it was NOT obfuscated.

For example, the Dropdown control after obfuscation shows { Key = "xxxxx", Text = "yyyyyyyyyy" }.  Upon further inspection using a decompiler, the Dropdown was replaced by a ListControl.

I used the PreEmptive Dotfuscator and Anaylitics in the Tools menu of Visual Studio 2013 to obfuscate the project.

Is there any recommended obfusctor for Eto.Forms base application?

Thank you very much for any tips you can give me.

eugeller

Jun 6, 2017, 8:06:27 PM6/6/17
to Eto.Forms

ConfuserEx,https://github.com/yck1509/ConfuserEx, worked for me.

curtis

Jun 9, 2017, 4:16:58 AM6/9/17
to Eto.Forms
Thanks for following up with a solution!  Good to know which one of the obfuscators works with Eto.