Custom colored text in TreeView and GridView

Josef Nemec

Sep 3, 2015, 1:51:28 AM9/3/15
to Eto.Forms
I need to have TreeView and GridView with text that can be colored with multiple colors. In practice I need to color some specific words, it should look like this:

How would I do that in Eto? I know there's DrawableCell for GridView, but I don't see anything like that for TreeView.

curtis

Sep 4, 2015, 12:10:54 PM9/4/15
to Eto.Forms
Hi Josef,

I'd suggest to use the TreeGridView, which supports using DrawableCell (and multiple columns).

Hope this helps!
Curtis.

Josef Nemec

Sep 10, 2015, 8:29:28 AM9/10/15
to Eto.Forms
Thanks, TreeGridView seems to work ok. However I'm currently struggling with DrawableCell. I don't known how to make sure that it resizes GridColumn based on how long the text is. I can measure text size via MeasureString method, but I don't know how to update Column width from Paint event handler.

msa...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2017, 12:53:10 PM4/12/17
to Eto.Forms
I have a similar need and following Curtis advise I can now successfully use TreeGridView and DrawableCell,
Unfortunately I have not managed so far to make a DrawableCell work if it is the first one in the Columns list: it is always rendered all white.
Any clue why?

msa...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2017, 3:30:57 PM4/18/17
to Eto.Forms
Little update at my last comment: DrawableCell as a first column works fine on Mac but is always rendered all white on Windows using Wpf

curtis

Apr 18, 2017, 3:46:23 PM4/18/17
to Eto.Forms
Hi Massimiliano,