GridView.DragOver not called in MacOS

Andrew Broughton

Jan 21, 2019, 1:59:21 AM1/21/19
to Eto.Forms
I have a GridView that implements DragDrop of Rows. Works fine on Windows in WPF.
On the Mac, (using XamMac2) GridView.DragOver never gets called after GridView.DoDragDrop is called. GridView.DragDrop doesn't get called either, but I assume DragOver has to be called to set DragEffects...

Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround?

Andrew Broughton

Jan 21, 2019, 2:15:40 AM1/21/19
to Eto.Forms
Never mind.

Looks like DragDrop will not get called in MacOS if the DataObject has no data. WPF calls it regardless. I don't use the DataObject so it was only by "trying everything" which included creating dummy data for the DataObject where all of a sudden DragDrop is being called on MacOS.

Might be a bug - the DataObject shouldn't really need to have any data in it for DragDrop to be called, but minor enough to probably not need a bug report. I expect this post might help the next person that's trying to DragDrop without any Data in their DataObject....

a.fil...@technodeep.net

May 17, 2019, 5:55:26 PM5/17/19
to Eto.Forms
Greetings, trying to implement reordering of items via DragDrop in GridView, but have same issue.

DragOver event is firing, but no DragDrop.

Andrew Broughton

May 17, 2019, 6:06:54 PM5/17/19
to Eto.Forms
Did you read my solution?