Linux "System.DllNotFoundException: libglib-2.0-0.dll

Ezra Schwartz

Sep 25, 2016, 7:39:35 PM9/25/16
to Eto.Forms
For my project I had to edit a couple Eto forms classes, so I needed to do my own compile from source.  I have the WPF version working fine, but am having trouble on Linux.  I can debug my project on Ubuntu using Mono Develop, but I'm having a hard time getting it to run on a different computer.  The error I'm getting is in the title, System.DllNotFoundException: libglib-2.0-0.dll

Something that I think is strange is that I had to download gtk-sharp-2.0 and included the references to those dlls in my Eto.Gtk2 project in order to get it to compile.  I'm thinking something is wrong about that, as the source as downloaded was using references to Gtk3.  Did I do something wrong there?

I copied all of the gtk-sharp-2.0 dlls into the compiled folder, but still get this error.  There's not a lot returned on Google for libglib-2.0-0.dll, and it seems to be something that should be in Linux by default.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong?  Or any idea why it would work in debug from Mono Develop, but the same compiled debug folder won't run when copied to a fresh computer with Mono installed?

Thanks!

Ezra