ETE3 not running..

Asuman Inan

Jan 25, 2023, 12:45:55 PM1/25/23
to eteto...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I want to and need to run ETE3, however I came across lots of road blocks. I installed, deleted, reinstalled several times in order to spot the reason why I cannot run ETE3. Eventually, I was able to run "ete3 build check" without any missing packages, and I installed xvfb. Then, I find a way to unzip egg file which stores build.cfg file. Finally I run "xvfb-run ete3 build -w standard_raxml -a NUP62.aa.fa -o output_tree --base-config ../build.cfg". This gives me the error below:

"Toolchain path: /home/administrator/anaconda3/envs/ete3/bin/ete3_apps/bin
Toolchain version: unknown
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, webgl, xcb.

Aborted"

I run in a conda environment with Python 3.6.15 on Ubuntu 20..4 system.

As far as I understand you are preparing for another release, but I really do hope that you can help me before that.

Kind regards,
Asuman

dengzi...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2023, 4:09:33 AM2/6/23
to The ETE toolkit
Hi!
It seems this is on the server where qt cannot be loaded, please try the following line by add "QT_QPA_PLATFORM=offscreen" before the main command, such as

QT_QPA_PLATFORM=offscreen xvfb-run ete3 build -w standard_raxml -a NUP62.aa.fa.....

Let me know if it works!

Best,
Ziqi