displaying branch support above the middle of the branch

Joran Martijn

May 29, 2021, 2:12:21 PM5/29/21
to The ETE toolkit

Hi!

I'm quite new to ETE3 and I'm trying to get the branch support values to show above the middle of the branch, instead of below the branch at the node itself.

I've tried setting
ts.show_branch_support = False

and then adding an AttrFace like so

support_face = AttrFace(attr="support", ftype="Arial", fsize=8, fgcolor="crimson")
faces.add_face_to_node(face=support_face, node=node, column=0, position="branch-top")

That puts the branch support (now suddenly shown as a float ?) above the branch but still at the node, instead of the middle of the branch.

Is this possible somehow?

Emil Hägglund

Dec 15, 2021, 3:15:46 AM12/15/21
to The ETE toolkit
Hi Joran,
Hope everything is well with you. I have run into the same problem. Did you ever find out how to do this?

Cheers,
Emil