problems for run ete3 after installed in ubuntu

Ivanna Tomasco

Dec 9, 2020, 7:52:11 AM12/9/20
to The ETE toolkit
Hello to everybody! I hope everything is fine!
I think I managed to install ete toolkit on ubuntu
But I'm trying to see if it's installed, and I get this error.
I don't have much experience with ubuntu
thank you very much in advance
Ivanna

ivanna@Ivanna-tomasco:~$ ete3 "((A,B),C);"

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/home/ivanna/.local/bin/ete3", line 7, in <module>
    from ete3.tools.ete import main
  File "/home/ivanna/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ete3/tools/ete.py", line 55, in <module>
    from . import (ete_split, ete_expand, ete_annotate, ete_ncbiquery, ete_view,
  File "/home/ivanna/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ete3/tools/ete_view.py", line 48, in <module>
    from .. import (Tree, PhyloTree, TextFace, RectFace, faces, TreeStyle, CircleFace, AttrFace,
ImportError: cannot import name TextFace

Jaime Huerta Cepas

Dec 9, 2020, 9:51:08 AM12/9/20
to eteto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivanna,
you are most probably missing some dependencies like Qt and PyQt.
Also, you will need to specify a subcommand. For instance,
ete3 view -t "(A, B);"

best
-jaime

Ivanna Tomasco

Dec 11, 2020, 7:40:52 AM12/11/20
to The ETE toolkit
Thank you!

I do not know how to solve the problem..

Today I tried to did all again...  following this instruction given in: http://etetoolkit.org/download (Installing ETE using the Anaconda/Miniconda environment).
Everything worked, but when I put: ete3 build check
the following error message appeared:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/ivanna/.local/bin/ete3", line 7, in <module>
    from ete3.tools.ete import main
  File "/home/ivanna/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ete3/tools/ete.py", line 55, in <module>
    from . import (ete_split, ete_expand, ete_annotate, ete_ncbiquery, ete_view,
  File "/home/ivanna/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ete3/tools/ete_view.py", line 48, in <module>
    from .. import (Tree, PhyloTree, TextFace, RectFace, faces, TreeStyle, CircleFace, AttrFace,
ImportError: cannot import name TextFace

it is the same error than before...

could anyone help, please?
best
Ivanna

dengzi...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2020, 7:54:40 AM12/11/20
to The ETE toolkit
Hi,
this error is caused by the lack of PyQt of Qt in your environment.
For conda environment, you could try
`conda install -c anaconda pyqt`
to install this package

best,
Ziqi

Ivanna Tomasco

Dec 11, 2020, 8:20:02 AM12/11/20
to eteto...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much!
I tried this, and the PyQt was installed. But, after that, the error message is the same. :-(

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/ivanna/.local/bin/ete3", line 7, in <module>
    from ete3.tools.ete import main
  File "/home/ivanna/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ete3/tools/ete.py", line 55, in <module>
    from . import (ete_split, ete_expand, ete_annotate, ete_ncbiquery, ete_view,
  File "/home/ivanna/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ete3/tools/ete_view.py", line 48, in <module>
    from .. import (Tree, PhyloTree, TextFace, RectFace, faces, TreeStyle, CircleFace, AttrFace,
ImportError: cannot import name TextFace

Any other ideas to solve the problem?
I really appreciate the help because i don't have any experience with linux.

best,
Ivanna

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "The ETE toolkit" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/etetoolkit/b5218f25-2953-4013-bcc9-1794e34335a2n%40googlegroups.com.

--
Ivanna H. Tomasco
Asistente del Laboratorio de Evolución

Ivanna Tomasco

Dec 11, 2020, 8:37:14 AM12/11/20
to The ETE toolkit
I think that now the problem is that I could not install the PyQt
I read the message> Found conflicts! Looking for incompatible packages.
I will try update python, etc.. and then I will try again.
best,
Ivanna

Ivanna Tomasco

Dec 11, 2020, 8:48:02 AM12/11/20
to eteto...@googlegroups.com
I found that my python is 3.8, and specifications compatible for etetools are de following:

speficications  - ete_toolchain -> python[version='>=2.7,<2.8.0a0|>=3.4,<3.5.0a0|>=3.5,<3.6.0a0|>=3.6,<3.7.0a0']

I understand that I need to get an older version of python? is it correct? How can I do?

best,
Ivanna