simple build function errors

sahan...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2020, 4:53:29 AM9/8/20
to The ETE toolkit
Hello,

I installed the toolkit and when I do "ete3 build check" the only error I get is that clustalo is missing. However, I did the manual install "conda install -c etetoolkit clustalo" and it says "All requested packages already installed" so I believe everything has installed correctly.

However, when I try "ete3 build workflows genetree" I get the following error.

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 6.47.56 PM.png

If I to run a simple build workflow, "ete3 build -w standard_raxml -a sample.fasta -o sample_tree/" I get the following error:

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 6.52.19 PM.png

I'm not able to figure out why neither of these simple commands are working.

Any help is appreciated!

Jaime Huerta Cepas

Sep 8, 2020, 4:55:51 AM9/8/20
to eteto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sahana,
we are trying to solve those issues as soon as possible.
In the meantime, you need to use python 3.6 and install latest ete3 from pip (overwriting the conda package):

pip install -I ete3

hope it helps,
-jaime