Add columns names over an heatmap

Camille B

Dec 11, 2014, 10:35:01 AM12/11/14
to eteto...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I just started to use ete2 and the heatmap drawer. I attached a matrix which contains presence/absence information for each of my leaf (in row) and for differents genes (in columns). The heatmap drawer works perfectly but I would like to now how to add the labels of the different columns over the heatmap.

Thanks

Jaime Huerta Cepas

Dec 16, 2014, 7:56:23 AM12/16/14
to eteto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Camille,
sorry for the late answer. ClusterTree has a built-in heatmap mode that does *not* allow for column headers.
However, there is an easy way to create your own custom heatmaps, which will give you full control of the tree image.

I attach a commented example that creates a heatmap tree with column headers and custom color gradients.

hope it helps
jaime

Jaime Huerta-Cepas, Ph.D.
Structural and Computational Biology Unit
EMBL Heidelberg
Meyerhofstraße 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
http://www.bork.embl.de/~huerta/
heatmap.pdf
heatmap.py