using a different version of codeml

Bessem CHOUAIA

Oct 16, 2022, 5:56:46 AM10/16/22
to The ETE toolkit

Hi,

I have been using the ete3 toolkit to carry out some dn/ds analyses with codeml. For my datasets, this is taking too much time (more than a month for each set). Recently, I discovered that some researchers had developed a GPU version of codeml (https://github.com/rmingming/CuCodeML), and I wanted to use it with ete3 instead of the normal codeml. Is there a way to tell ete3 to use a different version of codeml?

I installed ete3 through conda under ubuntu 22.04

Thank you for your help
Bessem

ziqi deng

Oct 19, 2022, 7:37:42 AM10/19/22
to eteto...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thank you for sharing this very useful repo, it seems very interesting. Users are allowed to define the codeml binary path in EvolTree module, for example

from ete3 import EvolTree
t = EvolTree('(A:1,(B:1,(E:1,D:1):0.5):0.5);', binpath=''/home/deng/miniconda3/envs/ete4_official/bin/ete3_apps/bin/codeml")

if you are using command line version, then you can set it up with the flag --codeml_binary [path]

I recommend you to try the above methos, if it didn't work, maybe try to use change the name CuCodeML to codeml to trick the program. Good luck!

Best,
Ziqi

Bessem CHOUAIA <bessem....@unive.it> 于2022年10月16日周日 11:56写道:

Bessem CHOUAIA

Nov 13, 2022, 2:24:05 PM11/13/22
to The ETE toolkit
Dear Ziqi,

Thanks for your help. It is finally working. I had to solve a few other problems of compatibility between CUDA and my GPU, but now it's working.

Best regards
Bessem