PATH header preloading allowed at ES?

1 view

VanguardLH

Feb 14, 2024, 6:31:10 PMFeb 14
Is preloading of the PATH injection node allowed at ES? See
Blue_Maned-Hawk's post with:

and:

which shows a PATH header of:

The hostname is bluemanedhawk. Does ES actually have a subdomain by
that name? To me, the injection node in PATH is invalid (it is not ES).

Sn!pe

Feb 14, 2024, 7:23:33 PMFeb 14
Blue_Maned-Hawk must have registered bluemanedhawk as an E-S FQDN,
as I have. See my own Path: and Injection-Info:

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator

My pet rock Gordon just is.

VanguardLH

Feb 14, 2024, 7:39:11 PMFeb 14
Sn!pe <snip...@gmail.com> wrote:

> VanguardLH <V...@nguard.LH> wrote:
>
>> Is preloading of the PATH injection node allowed at ES? See
>> Blue_Maned-Hawk's post with:

>> and:

>> which shows a PATH header of:

>> The hostname is bluemanedhawk. Does ES actually have a subdomain by
>> that name? To me, the injection node in PATH is invalid (it is not ES).
>
> Blue_Maned-Hawk must have registered bluemanedhawk as an E-S FQDN,
> as I have. See my own Path: and Injection-Info:

Ah, I forgot about that. I visited www.eternal-september.org, and
hunted around on FQDN, but did find any info. Had to go to the user
area to login, and then there was a link about FQDN.

When I logged in, the user settings page says "You have already
registered the FQDN." I did? I don't remember ever registering a FQDN
(to get a subdomain at eternal-september.org), plus I have had any
registered domains for so long that I don't remember how long at it was.

Makes it easy to filter out Blue_Maned-Hawk on the PATH header, but I
also have a From filter on him. Guess he used the domain for his site
that he spams in his signature.

Thanks for the info about anyone getting a subdomain at ES.

Blue-Maned_Hawk

Feb 15, 2024, 5:13:51 PMFeb 15
VanguardLH wrote:

> Makes it easy to filter out Blue_Maned-Hawk on the PATH header, but I
> also have a From filter on him. Guess he used the domain for his site
> that he spams in his signature.

The link i put to my site is a single line in what would be a perfectly-
compliant 78×4 signature were it not for my newsreader corrupting it. I
do not think that can reasonably be considered spam, especially
considering that it'sn't exactly a rare practice.

--
Blue-Maned_Hawk│shortens to
Hawk│/