2011 Season

1 view

BETHUNE B

Dec 20, 2010, 9:35:47 AM12/20/10
to Dave Covo, Suzanne Brosseau, SUHE...@aol.com, Stephane Arsenault, Scott Lawrence, Peter Hinrichsen, Perry, Mark G (Canada), Paul Laflamme, Olivier Foucher, michel littée, Martin Pham, Marc LaFleche, Marc Farmer, Luc Gloutney, kevin.t...@innotech-execaire.com, Keith Matthews, Joe Ghattas, Jake, Erik Vasseur, David Alister Lowther, Prof., Dave Kredle, Danielle Schryer, Annie & Jean, etchell...@googlegroups.com
Greetings Everyone

I hope all this rain and snow that we've had over the last month leads to lots of water for the 2011 sailing season. We held a fall meeting at Dick Steffan's house last month and the emphasis was placed on getting the 2011 season off to a good start and for commitment on everyone's part to participate in all fleet activities as much as possible.

The first event on the schedule will be a tuning seminar and sailing day with Jud Smith of Doyle Sails at PCYC on Saturday May 21st followed by a day of fun racing on Sunday the 22nd.

The Etchells Canadian Championships will be held at PCYC on July 2nd and 3rd, we hope to have a good turn out from out of town boats so this should be our highlight of the year. Dave Covo has volunteered to be regatta chairman, along with Keith Mathews and Dave Lowther they will be working hard to plan a great event. Anyone who wants to volunteer should contact one of these guys.

The Quebec Champs. will be held in Hudson on August 27th & 28th which is the weekend before Labour Day. Competitors can race this regatta and then leave their boats at HYC for the Labour Day regatta.

The Canadians will be a sanctioned event where hull and sail cards will be checked. There are a few new owners in the fleet, the winter would be a good time to get your papers in order. To obtain a hull and spar card in your name call Janet Turney 914 636 4789 and she will send you a new one. Sail cards can be obtained from Peter Hinrichsen who is our Fleet Measurer, new sails don't need to be measured but they do have to be recorded on the card by Peter.

At our meeting a request was made that we use a new email list that would allow everyone to reply to our messages. In the future I will use 2 lists, the Google list that everyone signed up for, they may be lots of non Fleet members who like to keep up to date with our Fleet.  Also I have compiled a new list of skippers and crew that everyone can reply to, if you do not want your email address on this list please advise me. Please advise me too of anyone who would like to be added to the  list.

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy holiday season.

Cheers

Allan