etcd cluster standby or mirror

navneet rajput

May 7, 2024, 2:35:23 PMMay 7
to etcd-dev
Hi team,

I'm working on creating two etcd clusters with three replicationCount in each, one will be primary, and the second will be backup to create these clusters I'm using Bitnami etcd Helm chart and running Kubernetes. With these two clusters, I'm trying to achieve a DR scenario if the primary cluster fails all traffic will be routed to the backup cluster, and then I will not have to manually backup/restore the cluster. In order to make this scenario working I need these two clusters to sync their data with each other (Similar to Elasticsearch Cross-Cluster Replication), which means no matter where the request lands it will get the latest data and this is where I'm stuck, is this even possible?

Thanks,
Navneet

James Blair

May 7, 2024, 11:46:42 PMMay 7
to etcd-dev
Hi Navneet

Thanks for your question. For this use case of syncing the keyspace of two etcd clusters you could explore etcdctl make-mirror, refer:

Cheers
James

navneet rajput

May 8, 2024, 1:07:40 AMMay 8
to etcd-dev
Hello James,

Thanks for quick response i really appreciate it. i did not find any document to implement the same.
Could you please help me to get that.

Thanks,
Navneet