este.dom.merge vs innerHTML

Milan Lempera

Aug 7, 2013, 1:17:03 PM8/7/13
to est...@googlegroups.com
When should i use merge and when isn't it necessary?

Michal Sänger

Aug 7, 2013, 1:25:20 PM8/7/13
to est...@googlegroups.com
este.dom.merge is dead, use este.react

And about the usage as I understand, react makes only partial updates, change only what needs to be changed and that's better for performance (less DOM actions). innerHtml simply flush all previous content out (not good when there was some user input for example).

Michal

Daniel Steigerwald

Aug 9, 2013, 2:00:03 AM8/9/13
to est...@googlegroups.com
Facebook React is what este.merge was supposed to be. And as Michal Said, we don't need that if we have React. If you still want to use Soy templates, you can. But you have to render them via innerHTML. If you want to do only partial DOM change, you have to write custom code for that.