New book: Women and Gender issues in British Paganism, 1945-1990

Shai Feraro

Jun 13, 2020, 8:11:56 AM6/13/20
*** Apologies for cross-posting***
Dear colleagues,

I am happy to share the news of the publication of my book, Women and Gender issues in British Paganism, 1945-1990, by Palgrave Macmillan as part of the Palgrave Historical Studies in Witchcraft and Magic book series.
In this book I explore the ways in which changing views on gender and the place of women in society during the latter half of the twentieth century affected women’s participation and standing within British Paganism. More specifically, I examine how British Wiccans and Wiccan-derived Pagans reacted to the rise of 'second-wave' feminism and the Women's Liberation Movement in the UK – with a special emphasis on the reception of feminist theory hailing from the USA – and to the emergence of feminist branches of Witchcraft and Goddess Spirituality during the 1970s and 1980s.

Hope you'll find it an interesting read.

Dr. Shai Feraro - Oranim College of Education (Israel).