Esprima 2.7 is available

Ariya Hidayat

Oct 22, 2015, 9:40:28 AM10/22/15
to esp...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I'm excited to share with you that the latest Esprima 2.7 is now
available! For Node.js developers who use Esprima using npm or Bower,
just update the required version. For browser users, get it from e.g.
https://cdn.rawgit.com/jquery/esprima/2.7.0/esprima.js.

The major highlight of this release is the support for token
delegator. That means, with the pure tokenizer of Esprima, you can
process all the tokens, one token at a time. The following short
snippet demonstrates the feature:

esprima.tokenize('answer = 42', { range: true }, function (token) {
console.log(token.value);
return token;
})

It will print 3 lines of each token's value: answer, =, 42.

I plan to come up with an editor plugin that uses this feature to
implement syntax highlighting.

If you have any questions about this release, do not hesitate to
contact us on this mailing-list. If you find any issues, please file
them at the issue tracker https://github.com/jquery/esprima/issues.

Likely that this is the closing of the 2.x series. We plan to bump the
major version for our latest development (master branch). I will send
a separate e-mail to discuss it.

Thank you very much!

--
Ariya Hidayat, http://ariya.ofilabs.com