Esprima 2.6 Release

Ariya Hidayat

Sep 1, 2015, 10:11:47 AM9/1/15
to esp...@googlegroups.com
It's our pleasure to announce that Esprima 2.6 is now available!

If you use Esprima via Node.js/npm or Bower, simply bump the required version. For browser usage, get it from e.g. https://cdn.rawgit.com/jquery/esprima/2.6.0/esprima.js.

This release is the culmination of all the effort through the 2.x series, from the adoption of Esprima under jQuery Foundation, code refactoring, test infrastructure improvement (see e.g. http://esprima.org/test/ci.html), to a stream of activities of ES 2015 (formerly known as ES6) support.

While there are still corner cases not tackled 100% correctly yet, if you need to parse ES 2015 code, this is the release that you should rely on. We will continue to polish Esprima's ES 2015 support, particularly to detect invalid syntax, in the next minor versions.

Onwards to 2.7!

Thank you very much!

Ariya