Is it only Esperanto?

Universero, Trio

Jun 3, 2020, 12:50:41 PM6/3/20
to Stanford Esperanto
Salutojn!

In class we often struggle with figuring out Esperanto words by
breaking them up into endings, postfixes, roots, and prefixes.

Sandy and i pride ourselves in our knowledge of Engish. But when
you get up in the morning and start reading with a morning cup of tea,
sometimes even English has this problem.

Sandy is reading a novel and we spent some time trying to figure
out what a "proot" was, from the word "...unuprootable..." :)

Mi esperas ke via tago estas multe pli klara.

Ĉion bonan.

--
trio <=> 三人 <=> http://trio.sen.limo/
#Esperanto , The International Language! What's that? http://Esperanto.Org/

julie spickler

Jun 3, 2020, 1:59:15 PM6/3/20
to esperanto...@googlegroups.com
Saluton, karaj geamikoj!
       Concerning "unproofable," I found in  my Webster's New World Dictionary, under "proof" as an adjective, "impervious or invulnerable to, able to withstand etc.; with against," which might make sense with the "un" prefix . . .    Or maybe someone just used an alternate or mistaken spelling???
       I fear that the day will be hotter than I like, but what's one more irritation in these times?  Eg., my computer keeps switching to italics on its own initiative.
Be well and of good spirits  Much love ti you both --
Julie