Letter to Cross-bench Senators about the ETS

Dianne Lukes

Jul 10, 2014, 6:31:18 AM7/10/14
to Petro Danzer, Carol Lutz, Miranda LUTZ, Penny Vos, John Adams, Sandor Horvath, Alan Turvey, Kam Lee, John Abood, Teksestro de AEA de AEA, Miranda Lutz, Paul Green, esperantistoj...@googlegroups.com, Kay Andersen, Linda Danzer, Hazel Green, Sandra Connors, bbo...@eq.edu.au, Peter Gordon, Joffre Bell, Kay Anderson, Jay Mooney, Robert, Ken Rolls, Erhard & Ness Claus, Huigh M, Trevor Steele, Dmitry Lushnikov, m.pa...@griffith.edu.au, Jonathan Moylan, Andrew Spannenberg, Jo Turvey, Di Mitchell, Shirley Gradusov, Alan Bishop, kerryda...@gmail.com, mary....@bigpond.com, trish o'connor, Christine Hollis, Suz, Richard Delamore, Igor de Oliveira Couto, Tim Stackpool, Tim Wade-Ferrell
Dear Sandor and Esperantists,

Saluton cxiuj!

I used my past role in AEA to gain attention of the cross bench senators as you will see in the letter below which I sent to the five of them by name.  I changed it slightly for the two who do not belong to the Palmer Party.

I am sending it on to you in case anyone of you would also like to have your say.  It is a Greens' initiative and you can access them through this link:  http://grns.mp/xbench-ETS  As you can see by my letter, you do not have to follow their suggested letter content,  but they will send yours on to the specified Senators.

Please also send this letter on to other Australian Esperantists in the hope that they may also support it.

Amike,

Diano

Dear Senator,

As immediate past President of the Australian Esperanto Association, I am very much involved in international issues and I am very keen to help Australia retain its position as a highly respected First World country, which others can look up to and emulate.

Please consider that a lot of money has already been spent on setting up the existing Emissions Trading Scheme. It’s designed to connect with international schemes on July 1, 2015. So let’s strengthen it and please do not support the bill to start a new one.

If possible take the time to review our climate legislation carefully. Australia's future depends on it.

Renewable energy jobs will support the existing climate policy. We shouldn't put these jobs at risk by removing the policy scaffolding which supports them.

Thank you that as a Palmer United Party Senator, you want to keep the Clean Energy Finance Corporation, the Renewable Energy Target and the Climate Change Authority. As our current Emissions Trading Scheme puts a reasonable price on pollution and is the cheapest and most effective climate change policy, please do what you can to keep it.

Sincerely,