Could using esp-open-rtos help me avoid CPU Exceptions encountered in the Arduino SDK?

Tim Lagnese

Nov 14, 2016, 10:42:18 AM11/14/16
to esp-open-rtos mailing list
I am creating a sort of large project on the ESP8266 which creates a captive portal that can be used to provision the device, and then connecting to the GroupMe API with TLS 1.2 encryption. On the Arduino SDK, the amount of memory used by the connection to GroupMe caused the CPU to throw the LoadStoreError Exception. I believe I narrowed the issue down to their implementation of free(). Are these types of CPU exceptions less prevalent in esp-open-rtos or is this just going to be an artifact caused by the size of my project no matter what I use?

Thanks, I can provide more details if needed.