Which IDE I preferred to write my freeRTOS code for ESP12E?

sarwad...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2016, 4:49:38 AM10/4/16
to esp-open-rtos mailing list

Hi,
I am very new and familiar with ESP8266 programming in arduino IDE only.
I seen freeRTOS is supported to ESP 12E. So which IDE i used to write,compile and upload the freeRTOS code into ESP12E.

So please tell me the steps to compile RTOS sdk based program and how to upload the program to the ESP8266?
And which IDE i use for writing.

Thanks.

Jerry Woods

Oct 17, 2016, 1:11:39 PM10/17/16
to esp-open-rtos mailing list
Everything is make file based so you can use whatever IDE you like as an editor, then use the command line to make/flash. I find this workflow a bit "old school" so I created a Linux virtual machine and setup an eclipse build environment. I find this saves a lot of time browsing for symbols instead of grep-ing for everything :)