How to restore the etc and lib

Arkadiusz Stuka

Mar 14, 2023, 7:31:18 PM3/14/23
to esos-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I want to restore the config (etc and var) on another usb drive. Regarding to the instruction i did : (mount the esos_config and place in to the rsync directory var and etc) but after the reboot config is still old.
Somebody have the proper instruction how to restore the whole configuration?

Thx
Arek

Marc Smith

Apr 28, 2023, 9:06:20 AM4/28/23
to esos-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arek,

Some of those directions are probably a bit dated for modern ESOS
versions... in addition to the "rsync_dirs" directory found in
LABEL=esos_conf, you'll need to copy/move the "etckeeper.git"
directory.

--Marc

Arkadiusz Stuka

Oct 17, 2023, 5:50:19 PM10/17/23
to esos-users
Hi Marc,

lets try with frest esos instalation,  where i have to copy the directory " etckeeper.git" from the backup ?

Arkadiusz Stuka

Oct 17, 2023, 6:41:38 PM10/17/23
to esos-users
Im using the esos version : 3.0.14 ,
i did the fresh install , then extract the backup and copy all folders in to the /mnt/conf, then i did the  conf_sync.sh  + reboot,

but after that i have still this same config .

Marc Smith

Oct 26, 2023, 11:06:55 AM10/26/23
to esos-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Oct 17, 2023 at 6:41 PM Arkadiusz Stuka <arek...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Im using the esos version : 3.0.14 ,
> i did the fresh install , then extract the backup and copy all folders in to the /mnt/conf, then i did the conf_sync.sh + reboot,
>
> but after that i have still this same config .

If you have a running ESOS instance with the config you want, you
could just tar up /etc etc. and extract that over the new running
instance.

--Marc