Boot Problems

Chris

May 8, 2023, 11:18:18 AM5/8/23
to esos-users
Hello!
I am trying to boot esos, but i cannot get it working.

Tried 4.1.7 and other versions. I get stuck at
"Error resolving the root device node!"
"Something bad happened, attempting to drop into a shell ..."

I build esos from windows with the vbs script.

Already changed from uefi to legacy boot and three different computers.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks
Chris
20230508_151716666_iOS.jpg
20230508_151716666_iOS.jpg

Chris Kostecki

May 8, 2023, 11:22:34 AM5/8/23
to esos-...@googlegroups.com
What hardware are you trying to run on?

Chris

May 8, 2023, 11:36:03 AM5/8/23
to esos-users
Thx for the quick response.

First try was on Thinkpad T440.

But i can tell you now ... i created an false alarm ;-)

A few minutes ago i tried some other .img to usb tools for windows.

I wrote the .img to USB stick with balenaEtcher.

Now booting on my old Thinkpad T440 worked without problems!
.vbs, rufus and ventoy was not successful for creating.

Thanks for this project. I will create some quick and dirty storage nodes with qlogic FC HBAs and LSI RAID-Controllers to temporary extend backup capacity at work.

Case closed ;-)