ESOS and ZFS

Müller

Nov 13, 2022, 9:51:49 AM11/13/22
to esos-users
I am currently trying to set up ZFS on ESOS. Here I got some questions before I continue further.

In general, how well does ESOS handle ZFS? Is there any known problems?

I have two storage hosts that I am trying to configure. These two I would like to go together in a cluster. Is there any problem with this, considering I am using ZFS?

Thanks.

Müller

Nov 13, 2022, 10:15:30 AM11/13/22
to esos-users
I forgot to mention that I am planning to use ZFS with iSCSI. Are there any known problems doing this?

Marc Smith

Nov 17, 2022, 11:07:15 AM11/17/22
to esos-...@googlegroups.com
I'm aware of a couple others that have tried/used it. The downside
with ZFS (in my experience) is performance, at least with the
'vdisk_blockio' handler (direct I/O). You may find better luck with
ZFS doing buffered I/O on the target-side (ESOS) using the
'vdisk_fileio' handler... of course the downside with doing buffered
I/O is potentially losing writes in a power loss / crash scenario.

--Marc