How and when do you know you can trust someone ?

pln471

Nov 21, 2014, 7:21:22 PM11/21/14
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Question of the Week :

How and when do you know you can trust someone ?

What do you use to convince yourself that certain someone is trustworthy ?

What will you do if he/she turns out to be a liar, a double-faced person or anything unacceptable to you ?

Looking forward to your opinions !

Good night and nice weekend !

Pauline in Poland

Hani Hammadeh

Nov 22, 2014, 11:30:21 AM11/22/14
to pln471, eslpo...@googlegroups.com
well, I really find it difficult to trust people nowadays as most of them are driven by their own motives or personal interests , especially those I am in daily contact. From my experience, you can see the regular actions for a person to decide whether you can trust him or not. To me , I trust my family members,my closed friends and of course every new individual I meet till I discover the opposite.

if someone ever turns out to be dishonest, then I think I will leave him peacefully and withdraw from his life. yea simply like this.

claire

Nov 23, 2014, 5:25:42 PM11/23/14
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com, pln...@gmail.com, ESLPODCAST Study Group

On Saturday, November 22, 2014 5:30:21 PM UTC+1, hn8 wrote:
well, I really find it difficult to trust people nowadays as most of them are driven by their own motives or personal interests , especially those I am in daily contact. From my experience, you can see the regular actions for a person to decide whether you can trust him or not. To me , I trust my family members,my closed friends and of course every new individual I meet till I discover the opposite.

if someone ever turns out to be dishonest, then I think I will leave him peacefully and withdraw from his life. yea simply like this.
Hello Pauline, Hani and all,

My dilemma is though I remain civil with most people I intersect with, I don't trust that easily if it concerns my private matters.
I may share my ideas, opinions and thoughts with them, but I keep an open mind mindfully.

If I come to trust someone, sometimes it's something intuitive and sometimes after long observations, I won't like to be tricked, lied to or betrayed. I know no one is perfect including me, but if they ask for my trust and promise me they won't fail me, they have to be consistent, or I will do as Hai said he does, keep myself distant though feeling hurt.

I have given second chances due to women's weakness to feel guilty of toughening up when they apologize and ask for another chance. Then most likely, they make the same mistakes without surprise.
Most people are just used to being careless and selfish. To commit to a relationship no matter it's work, couplehood, marriage or other social networks is a serious matter and should be regarded sacredly and respectfully...

However when I travel, I rely on strangers' kindness and hospitality, I have no choice but trusting them and have faith in them to treat me well and not to lead me to danger with my instinct.

I have been asked by lots of people who have trust issue which comes first, love, trust or respect. ?

What do you all say ?

Good night and great week ahead !

Claire

Reinaldo Matos

Nov 25, 2014, 7:33:21 AM11/25/14
to pln471, eslpo...@googlegroups.com
I think that the trust is built with familiarity.

When you have a long friendship time, and knows better the person.

If this person has the characteristics or personality which matches with your personal values, naturally you will be more confident about the person.

About  if he/she turns out to be a liar or break the confidence, will depend how severity was the fault.

It will decide if the person will have a second chance or not.

--
Reinaldo Vieira Matos

Pauline Lin

Dec 23, 2014, 5:05:59 PM12/23/14
to ESLPODCAST Study Group
Dear all familiar faces,

It's too pessimistic to say that trust is dying out in this fast-paced world. Have we ourselves changed that much that we have given up on our humanity ?
For those who are bringing up our second generations, we can't just tell our children not to talk to or strangers or don't trust anyone at all.
This kind of bipolarized perspectives won't lead us anywhere, sadly to say.

We are what we do, eat, say and think. It sounds like a cliche, but if we don't change ourselves, no one will.
As one song goes, we have got to live a little.

To live is to risk, to love, to hope, to dream and to believe.

Could you tell me what else is there to hope for if we haven't got what I mentioned above ? ;-)

Before I bid goodnight, I would like to wish you all who celebrate Christmas, A JOYOUS & PEACEFUL CHRISTMAS !!!

Best,
Pauline

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 9:17 PM, Krzysztof Berliński <krys...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,
Maybe it will not be very optimistic view, but it seems to me that a trust is dying out phenomenon. Current world is driven and dominated by money and by material benefits. Of course people must rely on each other, however it happens with smaller level of trust.
There is dramatically hard to bulid such deep relation,but  loosing it is much faster and easier. I think the most painful trust abuse concerns man - woman relations.
Regards,
Chris