Re: [eskiepeople:20850] NOT RECEIVING UPDATES Digest for eskie...@googlegroup...

Fx...@aol.com

Aug 26, 2015, 9:52:04 PM8/26/15
to eskie...@googlegroups.com
Twinkie looks a lot like my Kiwi who came to me after the death of Tribble.  I hope she keeps you happy for many more years!
Lou

In a message dated 8/26/2015 11:12:34 A.M. Central Daylight Time, desert...@msn.com writes:
Healing happens in strange ways.  In 2012, my beloved Eskie Nookie was diagnosed with bladder cancer.  I grieved over her for the next--and last--6 months of her life, to the extent that it made me physically ill.  When she finally told me it was time for her to let go, I helped her over the Bridge on 2/21/13.  My mindset at that time was that of numbness.  The very next night, I felt something drawing me to the Petfinder web site--and this picture came up.  I smiled for the first time in over a half a year; I promptly got on the rescue group's web site, filled out the application, and made arrangements to meet her the next day.  Long story short...her name is now Twinkie, and she's a happy, vital member of our household.  I tell her every day that she saved my heart.  I know that she was sent to me by Nookie, and I thank my little angel in Heaven every night for her final, ultimate act of love.  I didn't think I was "ready" for another dog yet, but she felt otherwise.  She was right.

I guess the moral of this story is:  Leave your heart and mind open, at least a little bit...you never know if or when the beloved furball you have lost will see a dog who needs you, and send it into your life.

Ellen
From: eskie...@googlegroups.com
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 07:58:37 +0000

Sue Martin

Aug 28, 2015, 9:55:39 PM8/28/15
to eskie...@googlegroups.com
I'm so happy that you both found such wonderful dogs. I just lost my beautiful boy Rocky to mast cell cancer. My heart is broken and I and my other girl Lily is so sad.I have decided that my boy would want me to take another dog, so I will also look after I get a little better. There are so many wonderful babies that need homes. You both inspire me.
Sue

jacque

Aug 29, 2015, 8:15:35 AM8/29/15
to eskie...@googlegroups.com
So sorry for your loss.  I truly hope God will help heal your heart.