veejee

Apr 8, 2016, 12:10:32 PM4/8/16
to ESESC

Can anyone please help me with this below error? I am getting the same error on both Debug/Release mode as well. Please do the needful asap.

main/CMakeFiles/esesc.dir/build.make:153: recipe for target 'main/esesc' failed
make[2]: *** [main/esesc] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1041: recipe for target 'main/CMakeFiles/esesc.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [main/CMakeFiles/esesc.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Gabriel Southern

Apr 8, 2016, 2:35:06 PM4/8/16
to es...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can you provide more of the build output.  If so we might be able to suggest a debugging step, but I can't tell anything from this.

-Gabriel

Message has been deleted

Vijayalakshmi Saravanan

Apr 8, 2016, 4:20:01 PM4/8/16
to es...@googlegroups.com

Thank you very much for your immediate reply. I tried to install ESESC on Ubuntu and followed the same steps which is given in the below link as well the Youtube procedure. I got error during the "Make" command. I encountered with the mentioned error both Debug/release mode. Please help me in this regard.

http://masc.soe.ucsc.edu/esesc//log/2013/04/05/setup/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPU2NTP6mLg

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Vijayalakshmi Saravanan

Apr 9, 2016, 12:10:19 AM4/9/16
to es...@googlegroups.com
Linking CXX executable esesc
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLESv2
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lepoxy
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lEGL
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLESv2
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lepoxy
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lEGL
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLESv2
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lepoxy
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lEGL
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -laio
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcurl
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lssh2
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lbz2
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpixman-1
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lncursesw
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -luuid
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lSDL

veejee

Apr 9, 2016, 1:35:35 PM4/9/16
to ESESC

Problem solved. After installing missed libraries.
Message has been deleted

veejee

Apr 9, 2016, 9:29:35 PM4/9/16
to ESESC
Int_1_Loc:           5
        should be:   5
Int_2_Loc:           13
        should be:   13
Int_3_Loc:           7
        should be:   7
Enum_Loc:            1
        should be:   1
Str_1_Loc:           DHRYSTONE PROGRAM, 1'ST STRING
        should be:   DHRYSTONE PROGRAM, 1'ST STRING
Str_2_Loc:           DHRYSTONE PROGRAM, 2'ND STRING
        should be:   DHRYSTONE PROGRAM, 2'ND STRING

QEMUReader_finish(0)
removeFromRunning: fid=0 running_size=0 : running=
BootLoader::unboot called... Finishing the work
Destroying TQueue 1 with pending nodes
Please help me with this error.

Gabriel Southern

Apr 11, 2016, 9:07:46 PM4/11/16
to es...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

From looking at your emails it appears you were able to solve several issues with compiling and running ESESC on your own.  In general the best source of information about ESESC comes from the source code.  The suggestion my adviser gave one time is to "grep around."

Regarding the output in your most recent message, that appears similar to what ESESC would print at the end of successful benchmark execution.  It looks like it's configured to run drystone and that it finished.  You may find a report file in the working directory.

I hope that you are able to find ESESC useful, but I suspect you will need to solve most problems through reading the source code and experimenting with your system because unfortunately documentation is minimal and support is non-existent.  Still ESESC can be good to use for research once you learn what you are doing.

Best of luck,

-Gabriel

Bilal Siddiqui

Sep 13, 2016, 4:31:22 PM9/13/16
to ESESC
I have the same error while building according to the steps provided in here.

I am running Lubuntu 16.04 X86-64 (and set up the environment with the provided apt-get commands for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS).

If installing a library worked, which one was it ? I couldn't get an idea from the makefile.

Warm Regards,

Bilal Siddiqui

Jose Renau

Sep 13, 2016, 6:07:26 PM9/13/16
to es...@googlegroups.com

 This is because some of the libraries are missing. We recently noticed that most of them are not really needed.

 The next patch of esesc (end of week?) should solve this library issues.

Bilal Siddiqui

Sep 13, 2016, 6:36:35 PM9/13/16
to es...@googlegroups.com

I assume the temporary fix would be to install the redundant libraries.

Do you which ones are the culprits ?

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Jose Renau

Sep 13, 2016, 6:50:51 PM9/13/16
to es...@googlegroups.com

 They were quite a few because I integrated with a new QEMU and full system support.

Bilal Siddiqui

Sep 18, 2016, 7:41:16 PM9/18/16
to es...@googlegroups.com
I resolved the library issue with the following:

sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev
sudo apt-get install libglib2.0
sudo apt-get install autoconf
sudo apt-get install libtool
sudo apt-get install libsdl-console
sudo apt-get install libsdl-console-dev
sudo apt-get install libglfw3-dev libgles2-mesa-dev
sudo apt-get install libepoxy-dev
sudo apt-get install libpixman-1-dev
sudo apt-get install libnuma-dev
sudo apt-get install uuid-dev
sudo apt-get install libssh2-1 libssh2-1-dev
sudo apt-get install libaio-dev
sudo apt-get install curl libcurl3 libcurl3-dev

sudo apt-get install libfreetype6-dev
sudo apt-get install libcairo2-dev
sudo apt-get install pango1.0
sudo apt-get install libseccomp-dev
sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev
sudo apt-get install libvte-dev

The above commands were able to resolve build problems for both debug and release parts compiling.

However I am running into a seemingly unrelated error (although still under qemu) with the final release and system part here.

The output with make VERBOSE=1 is the following:

[ 97%] Built target qemu
make -f main/CMakeFiles/esesc.dir/
build.make main/CMakeFiles/esesc.dir/depend
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/zli781/research/build_
release'
cd /home/zli781/research/build_
release && /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_depends "Unix Makefiles" /home/zli781/research/projs/esesc /home/zli781/research/projs/esesc/main /home/zli781/research/build_release /home/zli781/research/build_release/main /home/zli781/research/build_release/main/CMakeFiles/esesc.dir/DependInfo.cmake --color=
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/zli781/research/build_
release'
make -f main/CMakeFiles/esesc.dir/
build.make main/CMakeFiles/esesc.dir/build
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/zli781/research/build_
release'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'main/../qemu/mips64el-
softmmu/hw/9pfs/virtio-9p-device.o', needed by 'main/esesc'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/zli781/research/build_
release'
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1370: recipe for target 'main/CMakeFiles/esesc.dir/
all' failed
make[1]: *** [main/CMakeFiles/esesc.dir/
all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/zli781/research/build_
release'

make: *** [all] Error 2

I checked, and indeed the file main/CMakeFiles/esesc.dir/all is missing (under build_release).

Any ideas on what went wrong here ?

Bilal Siddiqui

Sep 28, 2016, 7:22:21 PM9/28/16
to es...@googlegroups.com
Good news.

I have managed to compile and run ESESC on my Core 2 Duo machine.

I used the following steps:

  1. Fresh install of Lubuntu 16.04 LTS (amd64).
  2. Build QEMU on the machine (ensuring KVM is enabled in the BIOS). The dependencies are listed here.
  3. Build ESESC using the directions provided here.
  4. Enjoy!