Gauteng Is Crime Mecca With Fat Police

Sanko

Sep 14, 2010, 8:33:09 PM9/14/10
to eSAITF
According to an article I skimmed through, Gauteng makes up for 50% of
South Africa's crime.

http://news.za.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=154658432

Another sadly comic article tells of a thin mugger easily evading fat
police officers in through a storm water drain in Pretoria.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Thin-mugger-evades-fat-cops-20100914

The ability for South Africans to be able to defend themselves --
since one cannot rely on the police --- especially in Gauteng is a
crucial skill.

As instructors of self-defence, we need to be up to date with the
latest crime trends. One thing you can do is to contact the public
relations officer at your local police department. Tell him/her about
you work as a martial art / self-defence instructor. Sometimes they
are willing to share tips on safety, including crime trends -- like
high crime areas that should be avoided. Such information are very
important to share with the students you cater for; in other words,
the students in the community where your dojang is located.