Will SOCIS happen in 2017?

Javad Rahimi

Dec 29, 2016, 5:48:04 AM12/29/16
to esa-socis
Hi all,
I'm new to SOCIS. I wanna know whether SOCIS will happen in 2017 or not?
Thanks.

Maxime Perrotin

Dec 29, 2016, 6:36:05 AM12/29/16
to esa-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Javad,
I hope so. I will announce it when it is confirmed on ESA side. This usually around March/April.

Maxime

dl...@mailbox.org

Maxime Perrotin

Mar 3, 2017, 6:53:45 AM3/3/17
to esa-...@googlegroups.com
Can't tell, the funding is not secure yet this year. Will keep you updated.

Maxime

Christopher Sean Morrison

Mar 6, 2017, 6:41:58 PM3/6/17
to esa-...@googlegroups.com
Crossing our fingers!  Thank you for your efforts Maxime.

Cheers!
Sean

sean...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2017, 5:24:30 AM4/11/17
to esa-socis, Maxime....@esa.int
Watching this like a hawk :-) Indeed, thanks for the effort and keeping us updated, Maxime.

Kind regards,
Sean.

Maxime Perrotin

Apr 11, 2017, 5:56:57 AM4/11/17
to esa-...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I am pleased to announce that SOCIS is ready to start.  We have the funding!

This year we will support between 15 and 17 projects that are external to ESA. It is a bit less than the other years but we are going to make the program evolve a bit to favour the transmission of knowledge from ESA to students on dedicated projects. So the same number of students (23) as usual will participate.

Since we are a little late in the schedule, I would appreciate if interested mentors can already contact me directly to express their interest in the participation, and prepare a web-page for their project. The website on our side for the registration will not be available before a couple of weeks so we should do this the old way - at least for the project submission.

If you are new to the process, please consult the main web page for SOCIS : https://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis/ and read carefully the instructions to submit a project.

General questions may be asked in this mailing list but keep in mind that there are hundreds of people registered so it is not a place for long discussions (some people have complained about it in the past). Please drop me a private mail if you have questions that are not in the interest of most SOCIS participants.

Kind regards
Maxime

Abhishek Kapoor

Apr 13, 2017, 9:06:54 AM4/13/17
to esa-socis, Maxime....@esa.int
Thanks Maxime for the great news.
Looking forward to participating this year.

Best Regards
Abhishek Kapoor